Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: barn doors for a work light

Default barn doors for a work light

For any of you guys working a budget of nothing and want barn doors, I have been doing a few experiments for putting them on work lights. I have just completed a draft of one of the two designs that I am going to make tutorial videos on later this month. I have listed a few quick pics of the draft copy. Its pretty much finished. However I have to line up the barn doors a little better and spray paint them with thermal black paint, but they look pretty good for the price it costs to make them.

If you see any room for improvement just let me know. I should have the video tutorials on youtube for this one soon. It will be step by step. Let me know what you guys think about it
    Cool and groovy
    Mark Apsolon

My youtube channel that has video tutorials and more!
    www.youtube.com/markapsolon

crap in crap out said the non-linear editing man

that's an awesome idea! ive got 3 diff worklights in my trunk right now. im in the process of making pvc/cloth diffusors for a shoot this weekend. i look forward to watching your instructional video!
    Super Cheap - Canon ZR900, Aiptek A-HD, Premiere Pro CS4, Avidemux, VirtualDub, Audacity, GIMP

very cool and thanks My next project is a more portable diffuser softbox with the lights! I will post the video here online once its finished up and on youtube
    Cool and groovy
    Mark Apsolon

Blog Entries

Very impressive but i am sticking with gaffa tape and card board and burning smells - sadly I would never have the patience to make those .

hahahahahahahahaha.... pics?
    Super Cheap - Canon ZR900, Aiptek A-HD, Premiere Pro CS4, Avidemux, VirtualDub, Audacity, GIMP

Blog Entries

lols - noted for next time I try to burn my house down. Last time I melted my old crappy tripod.

Blog Entries

See.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

sadlol........

Mark,

LOL I almost burned down my house with a work light before I put the barn doors on it. I needed another light that my 3 piece light kit at the time was not enough. card board burns..lol BTW I actually completed the second design for barn doors. I painted it and all last night. I will take some pictures and post them sometime tomorrow. I have sick kids to deal with tonight. I just hope I do not get the bug myself
    Cool and groovy
    Mark Apsolon

I finished up the second version of barn doors for the work lights last week but I have not had the time to post the pics until today. The second version is a ton more difficult than the first..lol I will be doing a video tutorial on it but be prepared to work hard to do it. Let me know what you guys think of the second version. Photos are listed below:

Cool and groovy
    Mark Apsolon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast