Thread: Extremely frustrating

Exclamation Extremely frustrating

Alright, i've searched for hours on this subject and got nothing.

Sony vegas 9 plat.

Well my video has aabout 3 groups of videos
    and another 8 channels of audio

7 channels are set for surround pan, so i control where they are making noise from

but the LFE is set to LFE.

Now when i encode this in H264 or Xvid I cannot set my Ac-3 to 5.1 even tho the whole project is built for that... I am not sure wether or not i got way too many channel, but even in a uncompressed format nothing is allowed outside the STEREO boundaries.

Im really frustrated, in stereo with Ac3 the LFE doesnt transfer tot he video...
    any help? besides tereo sounds like crap bc the many channels i have playing.

yes i did not search the forums, its late and im frustrated, and apperently i have posted here b4 long time ago. I didn;t even knwo haha.
    Last edited by rka; 01-28-2009 at 05:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Forget the surround sound - its a hopeless gimmick for the home user.
    All surround sound I have ever heard that cost less than 3000 just for the audio stuff sounds crap anyway.

Good streo is always better than poor surround.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    ..Forget the surround sound - its a hopeless gimmick for the home user..
    Got to disagree with you there Mark. 5.1 surround can be (and I have made some) amazingly good. If encoded well. Even on cheapo systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    ..Good stereo is always better than poor surround.
    But yes, that's true.

As for the op's post, I'll look tonight and see - but I've only ever made 5.1 for DVD use. So - AC3 5.1 and Mpeg2 Video Stream.

Blog Entries

Lols - ok - its a hopeless gimmick for me - all too fiddly. I prefer to squander my lucid monets on getting 2 tracks to sound good - I find that a big enough challenge and untill I master the subtelities of timbre, reverb, compression and so on I am not going to make life any harder.

Blog Entries

Good info for general stuff on dolby - http://presentation.abez.ca/dvd_audio_formats.pdf

Another tht - given that mp3 sounds crap I would guess that a xvid with 5 highly compressed audio tracks is probably a fail anyway - all the more so when played on a 1000 surround system.

Oh god - I sound like a cable sniffer - arghhh.

I installed the Klite pack codecs, and I am rendering in Lossless h.264 which looks good at the 720p i want. But when comes to sound if it's not stereo it doest render.
    and the Ac3 is the best codec i got for audio render.
    Also having all the 8 channels with the different pans shouldn't matter right?

Like i said 7 channels I have set to surround Pan, the LFE is set as the default settings for 5.1, but when encoded it totally disapears but all the other 7 channels show up. i am completely lost and i really want that LFE hahaha.

Sony vegas gives me the message... This settings arent the same as the project settings are some crap like that and it resets the template.

Blog Entries

One question - are you doing 7.1 or 5.1? You mention "all seven channels"?

I have 8 channels...but either way...no 5.1 settings nor setting the PCM uncompressed to 8 channels allow me to render it.
    7 channels show up on the STEREO..but my 8th channel which is the LFE doesnt.

alright, so here is what i did..

i took the sounds i needed in LFE and created a ghhetto LFE with soundforge by making the bass sounds pop more and smoothing the sound.

now i can render it all 8 channels by using wav 5.1

now im just gonna join both video and sound together... ac3 quality sucks really bad, maybe im just too newbie to learn how to encode video and audio properly, but wav being huge the way it is, is still a better version...

also i am not sure how i was able to get 8 channels on sony vegas, maybe bc i used 3 when it was in stereo mode and then added the 5.1..probably thats why...
    but its impossible to encode in 8 channels since sony vegas refuses because the template says its 5.1..

anyway WAV then join it to the video..its the only way to get a decent 5.1 sound...

If i tried to encode in h.264 or xvid it would only allow ac3 stereo..or PCM stereo...PCM shud be giving me 5.1 but it is not..why i dont effing know...

anyway bleh!

peace

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rka View Post
    but its impossible to encode in 8 channels since sony vegas refuses because the template says its 5.1..
    Of course it does. 5.1 consists of F/R, F/L, R/R, R/L, Center and LFE. That adds up to six, not eight.