Thread: Spinning Videos

Default Spinning Videos

I have this animation sequence that I rendered ( I have a screenshot of it below, it contains three colors of squares that rotate while moving foward) and I would like to include a separate video on each square. I'm not quite sure where to start with this, any hints or tutorials would be appericiated. Thanks.

vagabonding.tv/test.PNG is the screenshot

What editing software are you using? It can be done with Premiere Elements, Pro, After Effects, but each method is a little different. There is also the WAX plugin which will give you a rotating cube with video on all sides, that is a lot more fun. Here are a couple of samples
    Index of /PremierVideo/PaulLS/video
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

I'm using After Effects. I'll check out the samples you posted.

In after effect you need to create and keyframe the motion path of the videos to match the motion path of the squares. Not an easy task but not as difficult with After Effects either.
    Here are some good tutorials (there are plenty of others, this is just a small sample);

After Effects CS3

Creative COW Adobe After Effects Tutorials Podcast

Scaling a Motion Path : Adobe After Effects Tutorials Podcast

ProVideo Coalition.com: Creating Motion Graphics: Keyframes by Chris & Trish Meyer | Founders

The WAX cube is by far the easiest, it creates the 3D box and places the video on each side automatically. There are probably other plug ins for After Effects that work the same way, problem is most of them are usually very expensive, WAX is free and should work with AE.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Just to point out something interesting and that the Adobe products work very well together;
    It seems you can create graphics and motion paths in Adobe Illustrator and then copy those paths over to After Effects so you don't have to create them over again, just copy them to the mask or whatever you want to follow the same path, very cool