Thread: Mini DV Controllers?

Default Mini DV Controllers?

I recently got my hands on a MXPRO DV and found that it doesn't control my XL or any of my other decks. I'm trying to put several different angles together and I need each shot to line up with the audio I've already selected. I currently have to press play on both machines at the same, this sucks because it looks like a kung-fu movie. I used to control the decks with Priemere but I had to many angles to download.

QUESTION 1: Can premiere or any other NLE control two devices with one instance of the program running?

QUESTION 2: Is there a third party device that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Please help.

I don't personally know of a product that could do what you ask. However, Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6 (just released) does have a multicam editing function in which it will synchronise up to 9 different recorded sources. This means you can capture them one at a time and then use the software to synchronise them. Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

If you are interested in more info then take a look in the Pinnacle Studio and Edition forum where there are links to articles and reviews.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Default IR FOR SONY CAMS

Thanks for your reply. I'll check out Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6 in a couple of days. i just found out that I can use one remote to control both my sony decks. So as long as they are in a central area and the tapes are qued, I can press play and they both will start at the same time or very close to it. In no way is this comaparable to a controller but it is somewhat of a short term shortcut around it. I'll try out the Pinnacle.

Thanks again

Joello1