• Gateway Desktop with Intel® Core™ i7-920 Processor
    • Premium multimedia keyboard, USB optical 2-button wheel mouse
    • USB-powered amplified stereo speakers
    • Software: Microsoft Works 9.0 and more
    • Modem cable, AC adapter
    • Owner's manual

Product Features

• Intel® Core™ i7-920 processor
      Features 4 processing cores, 1066MHz system bus, 8MB Intel® Smart Cache and 2.66GHz processor speed per core.
    • The latest Intel® Core™ microarchitecture
      Delivers high performance and energy efficiency.
    • Intel® QuickPath technology
      Features an integrated memory controller and high-speed interconnect, linking processors and components, for dynamically scalable bandwidth and significant improvements to overall system performance.
    • Intel® Hyper-Threading technology
      Enables the processor to handle 8 software threads on 4 processor cores.
    • 3GB DDR3 memory
      For multitasking power, expandable to 16GB.
    • Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
      With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media.
    • 750GB SATA II hard drive (7200 rpm)
      Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times. 2 expansion bays provide additional hard drive connectivity.
    • Intel® Turbo Boost technology
      Increases core frequency for demanding applications, accelerating performance to match your workload.
    • ATI RADEON HD 4850 graphics
      With 512MB discrete video memory for lush images with stunning detail.
    • Hidden 15-in-1 media reader
      Conveniently pops up at the top of the PC when needed. Supports CompactFlash Type I/II, Microdrive, Secure Digital and miniSD, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Mobile
    • Also supports Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick PRO Duo, xD Picture Card and SmartMedia Card. Smart Copy saves copies of digital photos and places them in date-based folders at the touch of a button.
    • Illuminated media control interface
      Allows you to quickly navigate through menus, launch media and easily change the volume.
    • 2 FireWire (IEEE 1394a) ports and 10 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
      For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
    • Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector
      Along with V.92 high-speed data/fax modem for flexible wired Web connectivity options.
    • USB-powered amplified stereo speakers
      Integrated audio configurable for 8-channel (7.1) high-definition audio to create a lush soundscape.
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system with Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled
      Software package included with Microsoft Works 9.0. 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 also included.

Sorry, cant post link until I have two posts.

This should handle all my video editing needs right? I just got Sony Acid 7 so I'm thinking of just going ahead and getting Vegas for video editing. Its all so exciting!

how much??

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

It'll do you for a couple of months anyways!

When you have a few $$££ spare in a few months consider introducing some more RAM. For Vista 64bit you should aim for 8Gb.

Also, Only having one hard drive will slow you down. Keep that 750Gb drive as your OS drive for s/w and the likes. I had simlar and partitioned it into two. Keep one for the OS drive and the other for what I call 'library assets'. Music, standard animations, sound effects, training DVDs etc I use all the time.

Then go out and buy a couple of 1Tb SATAII drives to actually work. For video you should keep your work drives and your OS drive seperate.

And if you're interested in keeping a SATA port free I can recommend a great backup tool.

Thanks for the advice. The added ram won't give me heating problems or something will it?

A couple 1TB SATAII??? LOL. I guess when I think about it, the videos will take up allot of space. I'll put it in the checklist.