Thread: HELP!!! DC buzz from lapel mic on Canon HV30

Default HELP!!! DC buzz from lapel mic on Canon HV30

Hi,

I bought a Canon HV30, which I love. I bought a lapel (tie-clip) mic from Jessops, which I now hate. It causes DC buzz in the background, does anyone have a fix for this?

Or if my lapel mic is never going to be compatible with the HV30, and Canon don't make a lapel mic themselves, does anyone know one that works?

Hi,

Is it a wireless mic? If so what make?
    If it isnt is the phantom power on? Or if it doesnt have any phantom power have you set it up on the camera correctly?

I had a Tie Clip mic for my old setup, i recorded onto an external recorder and synced in edit. then i attached a microphone direct to another camera and got shite sound.

At the moment i record from a Stenheise (Cant spell) wireless mic direct onto my XM2 and the sound is great.

Let us know your setup mate.

Mitch

Thanks for replying Mitch. The microphone is on a wire, pretty standard kit but really shouldn't buzz like that. I am doing a test to check it isn't interference from my baby monitor, or mobile phone, but if it isn't I'm stumped.

The only advice I have found on the web is on equipmentemporium . com / audiohi8 . htm (can't post URL on here)
    but the site is old, and I'm not sure what the writer is on about.

I'm sure Sennheiser mics are great, but out of my price range right now. (Clue; afore-mentioned baby monitor)

Thanks for helping, I hope I can fix / find a cheaper alternative...

Ah,

Ok - I see. There are many items that can casue interference, for instance (Being the freak i am) i know that my wireless broadband will effect my wireless 2.4ghz CCTV, i also know that the chap who lives next door to me has problems with his broadband when i have my tv on (Big speakers next to the wall, not the noise but the magnets)

A Baby monitor may intefere but should not be all the time only when transmitting, other factors like mobiles, wireless headsets, doorbells, or old style TV's can cause minor problems.

Try this.

Take the mic and plug it into either your laptop or home computer in the "Mic in", now try and record some voice, read a page from a book out, listen back to it and if there is no "HUMM or BUZZ" then the mic os ok and its either your camera settings, or you have something interfering.

Can you post a link to your camera for me and the mic you bought please?

Mitch