Thread: Gorillapod SLR Zoom

Default Gorillapod SLR Zoom

Hey everyone,

I came across this Jody Gorillapod SLR Zoom and I really feel like getting one. I have a Canon EOS 400D and a Sony HDR SR12E.

Now it states that it is compatible with a Canon EOS 400D, but I don't know if it will also work with a Sony HDR SR12E.

Does anyone know if it works? I mailed Jody and they said I had to check it out myself..

I don't think the screw whole is the same size (where it goes in).

Blog Entries

Yep, I'm sure it will. But - why dont you have a look at the screw holes on both your cameras? That would be the best bet.... ??

Blog Entries

I reccomend you dont buy it - looks like a piece of crap.

I use a small beanbag - this is the support of choice for conveneience and portablility when you dont need a real tirpod.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    ... when you dont need a real tirpod.
    Yeah, real tirpods are a pain to lug about.... tripods are too, come to think of it. And you're right, it does look like a piece of crap. Except it wraps around trees, so that's useful.

I have a gorilla pod for my compact. Found it very useful when out and about. You an attach the camera to about anything and get some real unusual shots. Obviously a tripod is better for stability but the gorilla pod is a very useful lightweight backup.

Quote Originally Posted by steve75 View Post
    I have a gorilla pod for my compact. Found it very useful when out and about. You an attach the camera to about anything and get some real unusual shots. Obviously a tripod is better for stability but the gorilla pod is a very useful lightweight backup.
    We've got one for our compact camera as well, and we don't leave home without it. It's an ace little gadget. It's not a replacement for a tripod, it's a useful little addition to carry around.

Blog Entries

Looks like something from Anne Summers to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Looks like something from Anne Summers to me.
    Why do you think we don't leave home without it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirayo View Post
    I came across this Jody Gorillapod SLR Zoom and I really feel like getting one. I have a Canon EOS 400D and a Sony HDR SR12E.

Now it states that it is compatible with a Canon EOS 400D, but I don't know if it will also work with a Sony HDR SR12E.
    Assuming you've sorted out the screw size issue I'd recommend it. I agree with Mark that it does look like a piece of junk but it's a good strong grip and it's bailed me out a few times when I've been put in a place where there's no space to set up a proper tripod.

I've a Fuji S9500 which probably wieghs about 6 to 700gms and is sturdy enough. The only quirk it has is you have to set a 2 second or so timer so once you've pressed the shutter it has time to settle.