Thread: What format to render the file for DVD

Default What format to render the file for DVD

OK, so I've made my edits in Vegas and now want to render so I can add to a DVD. my video is 3.5 minutes long, with no effects at all, just several short videosand a soundtrack. The rendered video is almost 1GB in size! Is this normal or am I just making a major newbie mistake?
    cheers (and beers) for all replies.

Blog Entries

Render out to MPEG and choose the DVDa compliant video stream. Render your audio as AC3.

Mines a Stella.

Cheers.

3. Default

DV.avi is about 13GB /hr so 3.5 min would be about 750-800 mb roughly. So if what you have is DV.avi that sounds about right

But what you want to do is render your timeline into MPEG2. DVD must have MPEG2, that is its language. It will be a much smaller file as MPEG is a more highly compressed format. Use the Main Concept DVDA compliant MPEG2 compresser to render the video and AC3 to render the audio. Then you can take those two into DVDA to author and burn your DVD.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm not sure how to do exactly what you've suggested but I'll have a play and give it a go, cheers..

Blog Entries

Couldn't be easier - Select the video you want to render - then go File - Render - (Select MPEG2) - Choose DVD Architect Video Stream - Render. Repeat but choose AC3 for audio.

Cook at Gas mark 4 until well done.

right, I've tried to do what you suggested but I don't appear to have mpeg2 in the "save as type" box. I'm using vegas 8. Any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    right, I've tried to do what you suggested but I don't appear to have mpeg2 in the "save as type" box. I'm using vegas 8. Any ideas
    Instead of Save as... click "Render as.." or "Make movie" and you should find the file format you want

Thanks for that Duck, but the option to select that format isn't available for me. I've reinstalled vegas 6 and I can select mpeg2 using the method you suggested but its just not there in vegas 8. Im stumped...
    Edit: I did try to open my (vegas 8 ) edited video with vegas 6 but it doesnt appear to be compatible