Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propoganda for the you tube generation.

Blog Entries

Default Propoganda for the you tube generation.

Work in progress.

Feedback craved. I am trying to walk a line between kooky and informative. Is more background needed ? Is the music too loud ?

I may add me to camera at the end expliaining what happened on thier fraudulent fun paddle. A page now removed from bnp web site said they got robbed, caravan stolen, and more - God is clearly black nad his son was always seeking asylum so it aint suprising... lols.

Music is sampled and mixed to suit from pendulum - colour me up.
    All video from BNP website - covert filming by panorama BBC.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/Temp/bnpbpatedit3.wmv

Longer, peppier weirder version.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/Temp/BNPboatedit6.wmv

YouTube - The Real BNP Supporters
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-23-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I am just uploading to you tube and added this to the films description...

All video sources used under the doctrine of fair use as this is an educational video that seeks no material advantage for the filmmaker.
    " Fair use is the right, in some circumstances, to quote copyrighted material without asking permission or paying for it. Fair use enables the creation of new culture, and keeps current copyright holders from being private censors. " Fair Use & Copyright: Media Literacy -- Center for Social Media at American University

I bet you tube still ban it.... we shall see.

Blog Entries

Mark, in this instance (as BNP footage is UK and you're a UK resident) you might be better off quoting UK-centric laws P-09: Copyright Law | Fair Use conditions
    Tim

Blog Entries

Thanks Tim - I am hoping all will be well for the film. It will be somewhat ironic if it gets pulled as some of the video is from you tube.

And as this is a reaction to some equally blunt videos from the bnp crew - well - all is fair and love and war - lols

Blog Entries

Apologies for being blunt Mark, but the first time I tried to watch this I found it almost unwatchable, so I thought I'd give it a bit more time this weekend. I'm afraid I confirmed my initial thoughts.

I cannot make out most of what is being said and therefore whatever point you are trying to make (and here I am at an advantage over people who haven't come across your BNP stuff before) is totally and utterly lost. In fact you do yourself a great disservice by coming across as every bit as fanatical and unbalanced as those you are trying to portray.

Obviously you don't want to change the poor quality footage for other stuff so I suggest:
    1. Cut the background music entirely when live speech is being used, and
    2. Use subtitles for the live speech

But you know that. Whenever you get into your anti-BNP thing, your passion is so great you seem to forget that you need to get your message across clearly.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Lols - I like it as it is - but I did think the sound may be a bit wonky - I can never seem to find the right levels.

It is part of a long series of videos that are mostly repsonses aimed at a very narrow audience I am trying to mock and expose as frauds and liars. It is a piece of graffiti and as such I accept it may fail if the usual stds of doumentary are applied.

I have many longer pieces that contain the same information packaged more sensibly but my tube stats show that people have a very short attention span.

So, my aim here was cruel satire, comedy and again exposing thier fraudulant scam. It is a bit mad sure - but I do like to vids that are a bit mad occasionally - well quite often...

It's aimed at the you tube genration - hence its brevity and er madness.

As for my 'anti BNP thing' - I have fought prejudice and racism all my life - too old to bash the fash at demos now - sadly - so this is my creative outlet.
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-24-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries

" In fact you do yourself a great disservice by coming across as every bit as fanatical and unbalanced as those you are trying to portray. "

Really? - rather fanatical of you perhaps say that....

Tim - it is propoganda - it is supposed to be ' fanatical and unbalanced ' - I may rephrase that but I get your drift.

Do keep in my mind that some videos I make just for the love of it and I enjoyed making this immensly, and it makes me laugh to watch it.

And be clear that I am also exposing the bnp members and organisation as criminals in thier use of a fake charity and a fake id card to decieve people - that for me is the hub of this little ranty video and waht makes it good documentary. Sure, a little eccentric but so am I ...
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-24-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Tim - it is propoganda - it is supposed to be ' fanatical and unbalanced ' - I may rephrase that but I get your drift.
    Whilst peeling the potatoes, and while you were posting the above, I did think to myself - "for the YouTube generation? - The YTG posts vids all the time that are only on any interest to the very few people who will post replies to it. And to that extent Mark has captured the spirit very well"

So, I'd already revised my views and your two posts have confirmed it!

(BTW If you really are exposing the leaders' fraud, then that alone deserves a vid made for more "general" release. But sticking the word "fraud" over a badge and a claim isn't really enough for that one )
    Tim

Blog Entries

The fraud is exposed in a more sober fashion in one of my longer films but it is a useful device to use agian to expose thier mendacious ways. I wanted this to be short snappy pithy and rather wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Work in progress.
    Feedback craved. I am trying to walk a line between kooky and informative.
    Being an American, currently living in an Islamic culture, and with over 20 years of living abroad from African to Europe to Central America, to the Middle East, I've see quite a bit in my life. After watching this video I can truthfully say, I HAVE NO IDEA IN HELL WHAT THAT WAS ALL ABOUT!

Although, I must admit that I have seen similar, incoherent prattle on episodes of 'Month Python' so I must assume that this must be a normal mind-set and accepted behavior in certain quarters in your neck of the woods.

All kidding aside, Mark, it was funny on a certain level, but I am afraid that it will just go over the heads of the average You Tube patron unless, of course, they came from the same tribes and can understand the accent. - smile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast