Thread: Premier Auto Clip Creation

Default Premier Auto Clip Creation

Just another odd question, in Premier 6 this doesn't appear to exsist unless someone else has figured it out, if this does exsist in 6.5 or better yet 7.0/Pro please let me know.

When I first started out in the editing game I used Pinnacle software that came with my firewire card. The software allowed me to play my dv tapes into the pc and it would then extract clips based on the timecode and everytime i press pause on my camera.

Is there a way to do this with premier? I am about to edit about 4 hours of wedding and reception video and it would make my life easier if I could get the computer to do some of the dirty work so that I don't have to scrub 4 hours of video with the razor tool and chop it up for ease of use.

Anyone? :

Blog Entries

Premiere Pro is the first of the Premiere series to use scene detection in capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Premiere Pro is the first of the Premiere series to use scene detection in capture.
    Marc as always, thanks, Pro is in the works for the end of this quarter, just need to see how business goes and if my wife qualifies for academic pricing through her school.

Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Sorry to get back on this thread, marc, have you actually used this feature in Pro and if so has it worked correctly for you? I've just installed and it's not doing as it's supposed to do, before I kill myself and wait for hours for tech support, I figured that I'd check here first.

Blog Entries

I've never used this in any app to be honest . I'll take a look at though and get back to you