I am new here and have been looking into the forums for a while and recently had a questioned answered for me with a problem I have had for a long time. I tried the advice given to me on this form and the help half worked and was wondering if anyone could help me further.
I have a camcorder that uses a hardrive and it too saves the files as MOD files that won't import into premiere CS3. Now the following advice was given to another make of camera but since the file types are the same and probably are of each camera I gave this below ago :
alternatively you can...
1) Connect the Everio to your pc/mac by the usb cable.
2) Browse to the folder where the vids are (SD_video)...(PRG001)
3) Copy all the files to your HDD for editing (Control+A, Control+C, browse to folder of choice, Control+V)
4) In the folder where you have dumped the files right click and choose New Text Document
5) In the text document paste the following text
ren *.mod *.mpg
6) Save the file as anything you like as long as the extension is .bat
7) The exciting bit...
Double click your file, it will...
delete the unecessary moi and pgi files,
rename the mod files to mpg
I am no video expert, this is why I have joined the forum, however I have been viewing and editing files from my everio this way for a couple of years now.
This was so kindly given by user Swinger0. This worked a treat and seemed to solve all my problems as I was wanting a hard drive camera for a while but not being able to import and edit the files put me off.
Now the files import but dont have any sound in premiere CS3 however they do play on there own in windows media after creating the .bat file. Can anyone tell me how to get the sound to convert over along with the video so I can get premiere to see the sound also, I am almost half way there.
Thanks in advance