Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy protecting DVD

Default Copy protecting DVD

Greetings All,

I have recently made a little video and some one asked me if the DVD I had made is copyright protected, as in if I send it somewhere no dastardly pirate could make a copy of their own.

I am not saying my film is even worth stealing becuase it isn't. However as an entrepid video editor that enjoys his hobby I was wondering how you do it.

I had a snoop around the options in encore CS3 but when I check the option to copy protect it it says NO

Do you need specific types of disc? project settings? is it possible in encore. is my encore broken?

Any help is appreciated ladies and gentlemen

These look like a useful bunch of links.
    The creative act lasts brief moment, a lightning instant just long enough for you to level what camera you have and trap the fleeting prey

Blog Entries

All DVD encryption is utterley pointless.

Equipped with one piece of equipment (and one that most people have by the way) I can copy any DVD, however well 'protected'. The fact is I choose not to and will not explain how to here. I oppose piracy and the board rules forbid instuctions on how to rip copyrighted work anyway.

My advice? Dont waste money, time or effort on 'protection'. If someone wants your material, they can get it as soon as you give them the DVD.

Blog Entries

I agree - absurdly easy to crack and can alledgedly make the DVD not play more often.

But..... if you really wanted to wouldn't you use the copyyright tab in the properties window of your burning app and turn it on?? Never done it, but I've seen it there.

Blog Entries

No- I really dont see the point.

Personally I would be falttered if people copied and spread my work - but everyone is far too busy with the Lion King IX and the latest must have piece of crap to bother I am sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flickson View Post
    But..... if you really wanted to wouldn't you use the copyyright tab in the properties window of your burning app and turn it on?? Never done it, but I've seen it there.
    Of course . And your work is then officially 'protected' under law. But, what are the chances of seeing your work used elsewhere, and more to the point would you be prepared to pay all the legals to follow that up even if you did?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Of course . And your work is then officially 'protected' under law. But, what are the chances of seeing your work used elsewhere, and more to the point would you be prepared to pay all the legals to follow that up even if you did?
    If anyone wants my stuff, they can have it. But I really don't know who would even want it!!

My point was someone asked a question. that was the answer. nobody should be judging why he wants to do it. He just asked how....

Blog Entries

^^^ fair point but it's much more interesting on a forum to make hasty judgements...

Hey Guys,

Cheers for all the responses I agree with everything thats been said espicially about folks trying to copy DVDs so they dont have to go to the shops and buy the real thing etc..

I haven't got anything worth copy protecting nor do I want or really need to. I wish I did have something worth protecting but there we go ha.

My interest is purely in furthering my knowledge, like I said I had seen the option in Encore but when I ticked the box it said the project was unsuitable to do this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast