Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi there, really need help with my vid.

Default hi there, really need help with my vid.

allo there. i made this video about a month ago. and i really need some advice on how i can add some images inthe back ground. like translucent....live performance clips, without messing up the sound timing. the sound timing already looks strange.
    but that was intentional.

you'll see what i mean,
    the storyline, a girl involved in a torrid online relationship. cam to cam ...is why the face is a bit bleached. well that and when i uploaded the clip it degraded the quality, i do still have the original. what i really wanted to do was to add like a projector image on the background. i think this would be lovely.

all help appreciated.
    i hope everyone is well.and that the new year brings brilliance

sandy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQRaO4JpoKY&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - strange-velveteen rabbit[/ame]
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 01-23-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Blog Entries

This old chestnut comes up time and time again. Unless you've shot your subject against a "green screen" whaick can be chroma keyed out, the only way to do this is to create a mask around your subject and overlay her on the background you want. The mask will have to move and for accuracy you'll need to recreate the mask on a frame by frame basis.

BTW was this intentionally shot in such a way that it's almost impossible to watch without taking one's eyes of the subject's cleavage
    Tim

hmmm now i am really a novice at this stuff.
    when you say mask?
    do you know if the basic imovie has the feature?
    and the cleavage thing.
    well...it is about an online love affair. to keep one's love interested when all they an do is see you. it was intentional.
    too much?
    i wanted it to be an abstract from the emotion in the girl. if that makes sense.

lol
    its funny i really never really noticed it. but alot of others did.
    i am more of an eyes person.

thanks by the way and nice to meet you

Blog Entries

Lols - yea - nice t er front.

You could try keyiing on the black - it wont only give a background as much of the cle er singer is black but it migh look cool.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I've no idea about iMovie, I'm a PC/Vegas man.

A mask, as its name implies, allows you to "mask" out part of an image so it doesn't show.

Too much? you ask? I don't think ou can have too much of a good thing
    Last edited by TimStannard; 01-19-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: naughty apostrophe
    Tim

so say you compare it to an adobe photoshop thing. would it be like the magic wand tool?

Quote Originally Posted by sandytherabbit View Post
    so say you compare it to an adobe photoshop thing. would it be like the magic wand tool?
    Kinda... Actually it's like the spline drawing tool, where you actually draw around the person or object. iMovie doesn't have it.

Final Cut Pro can do it, I think, and I think Final Cut Express needs a plug-in to do it. But really you are into motion graphics territory where the likes of Adobe After Effects or Combustion tend to be the weapons of choice... We're now into serious big $$$

Masking out a background is pretty advanced editing. And also a real pain in the arse. Because you have to do it on every frame. This is why chromakeying against a green screen is so popular, because you don't have to rotoscope every frame of video.

Default yep

yer right, (as you know )
    i was talking with a friend of mine last night over cocktails and said the same exact thing. frame by frame. which wouldnt be too bad i suppose if i only did it in certain parts.
    and not the whole thing. but there are an awful lot of frames eh?
    how you say...

teeeeeedius.
    work. might be worth it though.
    so i would have to invest big bucks into this though eh?
    perhaps i should do it has a collaborated effort. and someone can kick me in my shin with frustration.
    so this green back ground. hmmm...am wondering how that works, why wouldnt one need to do it frame by frame? is this background like a program? or do you just sit in front of something green? i know i sound silly, but i really have no clue.

thanksb to everyone for the responses. i really appreciate it.

i hope yer day is bein good to you..

3.42 seconds = 6550 frames to draw, give or take a few. I would try luma keying using the black and make it transparent as the female talent is mostly in white. It won't be 100% perfect as some of the 'new' background will show through on her or perhaps try blend modes instead. Yes, you will need a much more powerful editor for your Mac and as I am not a Mac user I can't make a suggestion.

Blog Entries

imovie's not really right for this.
    Fork out $199 and get Final Cut Express. It's quite a steep learning curve to start with but you can do so much more than imovie (Don't get Final Cut Pro unless you really intend to do a hell of a lot of fiddling, compositing, effects etc. etc.) It's very similar to Premiere Pro in the way it works.

Edit: I really like the music by the way. The video's also right for the song, all you need to do is avoid the washed-out face. A bit more care with the lighting rather than trying to rescue it in the edit.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 01-27-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast