Thread: Congratulations Fingercuff

Blog Entries

Smile Congratulations Fingercuff

It was both a surprise and a pleasure to meet James "Fingercuff" Webber today at the Surrey Film-Video Festival at the Electric Theatre in Guildford.

It must be a real triple whammy day for James as not only is Commitment being shown on satellite TV today, buit he also walked away from the Surrey with:
    The Comedy Cup for Tent Boy and
    The Leonard Robinson Trophy (for the best senior movie - which is really best in show as there weren't any junior movies this year) for Commitment.
    Both were thoroughly deserved - he was up against a misxed bag of some very good films as well as some less so.

Both films worked very well on the large screen and my previous misgivings about some of the lighting in Commitment were proved false (must have been down to on-line viewing). The tension built up in the theatre during Commitment was palpable. It was also encouraging to see films in these styles receiving a warm reception from the on the whole aging audience.

Congratulations, James, and please pass on my apologies to your friends for so rudely ignoring them, being so keen to congratulate you.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 01-19-2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typos
    Tim

Congrats from me too. It's great to get independent recognition for your efforts and an award or two is a terrific feeling. Well done
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Thanks guys, it was a truly great day. I've never watched my films on a big screen, in front of an audience like this so that was a thrill. To win 2 awards was even better! Our Fingercuff youtube Channel also hit 200,000 views yesterday. Madness!

It was also great to meet you Tim (its a small world!) and put a face to the name. Really enjoyed your film however I don't think I will ever be able to watch an elderly lady eat a flake again! It was certainly one of best films there so it was good to see you win a merit award.

One of my goals for this year was to win something with one of my films so its great to tick that box before the end of Jan!

Time to start work on my new film me thinks....
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

I am hugely envious - good on you.
    Well deserved.

Aint hte big scree na thrill and with a live auidience it is intense.

Thanks Mark!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Not to repeat myself from another thread, but congratulations. Thoroughly deserved. As Mark W wrote above it's a massive thrill to see your work on the big screen with an audience. I sat next to Pinhead himself from the Hellraiser series when "The Bloodstained Moth" was shown at the Aberystwyth Horror Festival. I didn't know whether to be thilled or petrified. Thankfully he wasn't in character.

I really look forward to your next one

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fingercuff View Post
    Really enjoyed your film however I don't think I will ever be able to watch an elderly lady eat a flake again! It was certainly one of best films there so it was good to see you win a merit award.
    Thanks James.

I've got a suspicion that if I extracted that flake scene and put it on YouTube, it might just be the sort of thing to go viral. It could get worse. My follow-up might include a scene with a Mars bar.
    Tim

Blog Entries

There's no higher praise than that from our peers. Very well done.

Blog Entries

Congrats to TIm too and whre is the sick flake film ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Congrats to TIm too and whre is the sick flake film ?
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/user-vi...tml#post104126
    Tim