Thread: mpeg2

Default mpeg2

Hi everybody, I've just received a new cam, a sony dcr sr35. It has the hard disk, and I nevere used that kind of camcorder. when I try to import the files on adobe premiere pro there are some problem, probably because these files are saved as .mpeg2. I'm trying to solve the problem using SUPER, but I still have problems with the audio track. Can you suggest me somothing please?

Thank you very much

Have you moved the files from the camcorder to your hard drive or are you trying to access them while still on the camera hard disk?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

I've already moved the files from the camcorder to my computer, but they are saved in .mpeg2 also on the camera hard disk.

That shouldn't be a problem, Premiere Pro works just fine with Mpeg2 files. What project settings are you using? Make sure the project settings match the video, if it is 1080i then make sure you have started a 1080i project.

EDIT: I don't think your camcorder is HDV so the above is not relevant I suppose.
    What happens exactly when you add the MPEG2 files to your project?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Better tool for converting MPEG2 to DV-AVI is MpegStreamclip, it is free also.

when I import the mpeg2 file into the sequence, I can see it in the preview window, but when try to play it from the work sequence it "jump"... sorry, I don't know the word in english...I mean that I see it jerkily...I hope you understand...
    Also, I can't hear the audio track.

Thank you very much for your help

Have you rendered the file by pressing the Enter key? Unless the file is rendered it will probably be jerky and jumpy.

It could also have the field order reversed, I do not know how to reverse the field order in Pro. In Premiere Elements it is done by a right click on the clip, select Field Options, and select Reverse Field Dominance.

It could also be that your computer is not up to the task, what is your CPU and RAM?

If nothing else MpegStreamclip can convert the file to DV-AVI for you, that should work fine.

I will try to check if the field is in the reverse order, because it seems to be the only possibility, even if it sounds quite strange.

My computer has 3Gb Ram and Intel core duo T9400 (2.5Ghz). Mi os is windows vista, but I don't have this problem with the dv files...it seems unlikely that this problem is related to my computer...

I had tried to render the file before opening this topic, but nothing was changing. Moreover, I tried to export the movie, in order to see if it was just a problem on the timeline, but it is not, because things do not change

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Engels View Post
    Better tool for converting MPEG2 to DV-AVI is MpegStreamclip, it is free also.
    used this alot before very simple and free