Thread: Syncing audio to video

Default Syncing audio to video

Hi guys, I am trying to make a music video with a friend of mine who makes music. I have the soundtrack that runs at 128 beats per minute, I wanna sync it to a timelapse I made myself, so that the individual frames are synced to the beats, ie, at 128 beats per minute with a dip to black in between. I am using Soundbooth as well as Premiere Pro CS4. The way I see it, right now I know of no way of having the frames aligned to the beats, because I cannot input a frame duration in milliseconds :( I am borrowing a mac next week to see if FinalCutPro can do the trick :( I would love to have the music video output in HD if possible, full, even better.

That's 2.13 beats per second, how are you going to match frames to a beat at that rate? With a dip to black in between? You should really only have to do the math but I don't know how that would work moving so fast. Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Yea, about that is correct, I want one frame to show when there is a beat, and between the beats the image dips into black. What I would like Premiere to do is do the drop frames automatically. basically I want to have a frame duration of 4.xx seconds rounded to the closest frame. I mean premiere is a pretty advanced software. It must be able to do this dead simple job...

Have you tried overlaying a black frame at the point you want it while looking at the audio file in premier?

If you open the audio file so you can see the peaks you should be able to add a black track at the point you want, failing this as Chuck says - do the math and at every point you want it cut the video and move it over the set amount you want...

Thats all i can think of.