Thread: JVC GZHD7 and Nikon Lens?

Default JVC GZHD7 and Nikon Lens?

I have a JVC GZHD7 camcorder that I plan to use to shoot a film project; I would really like to get much more professional shots so was thinking of using my 18-55 and 55-200 Nikon lenses I use on my Nikon D60.

I know that people have done this sort of thing and I did spy a link a while ago to a site that sold convertors but they cost hundreds of pounds that I really don't want to spend.

Are there cheaper alternatives available or am I going to have to bodge something (and if so; how)?

Blog Entries

I dont think there is much to be gained.

You wont get a better picture when it comes to quality due to the lens - it may be worse as you will still have to pass the image through the original lens built into the camera.

And I think cos the nikon lenses are designed for a 35mm CCD - your cam has 7mm CCDs - and for reasons I dont fully understnd this means the effective focal length of the lenses will be hugely different.

My main camera has 12.5mm ccds and the lens is 7 to 102mm and that looks to be about the same as 50mm to 500mm on a 35mm camera.

I am guessing but even if it works and you could find a way to fit them I think both lenses would end up as huge telphotos on small CCDs - but like i said I am not sure.

I have heard of people using still camera lenses on video cameras but only on cameras with removable lenses such as the XL1/2/H1 and professional cmeras.

I'll try one of the wide angle lenses from ebay then; they're cheap enough and worth a punt
    Paul "Dust" Massey
    Genoveus | MiNiMU | Phoenix Rising

Blog Entries

Dont go too cheap - you may be dissapointed.