Thread: RAM to RAM

Default RAM to RAM

I use a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V for recording on RAM discs which ends up with a DVD_RTAV folder consisting of VR_MANGR.BUP, VR_MANGR.IFO and VR_MOVIE.VRO files.
    It plays fine on RAM recorder/players, it also playable on my PC.

However when I save the DVD_RTAV folder to my hard drive and then burn it onto another RAM disc it will not play, the DVD player displays “unsupported”. It will play on the PC however.
    This new RAM disc shows exactly the same files (VR_MANGR.BUP, VR_MANGR.IFO and VR_MOVIE.VRO) as the original disc.
    Why, when I have created a clone of the original disc will it not play on my DVD player?
    I have used Nero for doing this, I have also used Ashampoo which gave similar results.

Maybe it is to do with finalisation but I think it is done automatically with Nero!

AVS4YOU doesn’t support RAM.

You may ask why I want to copy on to RAM discs. It is because of the versatility of RAM, easy editing etc.

Pete

Blog Entries

How is a ram disc differnet from a DVD ?

Not even sure what a ram disc is - I suspect that is the probelm - just record to DVDr as is normal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    How is a ram disc differnet from a DVD ?

Not even sure what a ram disc is - I suspect that is the probelm - just record to DVDr as is normal.
    Wasn't DVD RAM a Panasonic format that didn't take off?

Blog Entries