Thread: FX problem

Default FX problem

I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 4.0 with the Vista operating system.

I have been using MS for years without a problem.

I produced a slideshow with about 800 slides, most needed color or brightness/contrast correction. I made the slides 5 seconds long with a one second dissolve at both ends.

I had corrected about 100. When I reviewed the last few minutes of editing I found the corrections I had made previously were changed drastically.

I found I had slides grouped that I thought I had ungrouped. I thought this might be causing the problem, so, to remove any grouping that might exist, I grouped the whole project then ungrouped it and clicked on a blank space above the Timeline to unselect all the slides then I restarted my editing.

I checked the corrected slides after each 15 slides and everything worked as it should for about 100 slides. When I made the next check after 15 slides I found all the previous corrections had been altered. I donít know the exact location where the problem starts.

Also, the colors of a slide as viewed in the Media Pool are not the same as they are when I drag them to the Timeline. I started a new (test) project with some of the same slides and found the colors stayed the same, Media Pool vs. Timeline. So, I have accidentally produced some action in my project that is causing the problems. The project, which is 1 hour and 4 minutes long, is edited with dates and separations of incidents or I would just do it over.

I have no idea what is causing this; can you help me?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken27235 View Post
    I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 4.0 with the Vista operating system.

I have no idea what is causing this; can you help me?
    Vegas wasn't Vista compatible until version 7 (or maybe even
    Tim

Blog Entries

Does vista have a ' fall back ' mode like XP had for win 98? If so that may work. I suspect not cos as Tim says it isnt compatible.

Suggest you upgrade - £15.95 plus the vat.

Sony Creative Software - Online Store - Upgrade to Vegas Movie Studio 9

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Does vista have a ' fall back ' mode like XP had for win 98?
    It has. And it works just as well as the XP/W98 one did (ie in most cases but not for the software you happend to need to use)
    Tim