Thread: Senders

Default Senders

Call it art...call it dross...
    A behind the scenes glance of the transmission systems that relay radio and TV broadcasts around the world. Shot inside my Station here in Kuwait.

I enjoyed it, did remind me of a intro to a high tec TV show, stock footage places would love to get some of those shots..feed the JASFS

I believe the moment a video becomes dross is once its uploaded onto one of those video sharing sites, we all know the names of those sites.

If it is made into a DVD, or broacast on TV, well then it becomes digital media.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    I enjoyed it, did remind me of a intro to a high tec TV show, stock footage places would love to get some of those shots..feed the JASFS
    Ok, I give, what is JASFS? I Googled and got "Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry" - smile.

Sorry Mr Worddigger, I believe it stands for Just Another Stock Footage Site, related to a buried thread somewhere in these forums.

Do you submit stock footage to those stock footage sites, just wondering..??

And while I have you I still have that video of those camels in the very back of my mind, I believe you did it, or was it your wife, funny how some things set seeds in a idle brain.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Sorry Mr Worddigger, I believe it stands for Just Another Stock Footage Site, related to a buried thread somewhere in these forums.

Do you submit stock footage to those stock footage sites, just wondering..??

And while I have you I still have that video of those camels in the very back of my mind, I believe you did it, or was it your wife, funny how some things set seeds in a idle brain.
    No, I have never submitted any stock footage...and I have only bought one piece of stock footage. Most places want such outrageous prices for their stuff that they disgust me. I guess I would feel like I was prostituting myself by selling my footage to such ilk.

About the camels, my wife shot the footage and I edited. That was also the event that forced me to upgrade my workstation to handle those over-compressed pseudo HD camera files from her new camera. BTW, her camel video has drawn over 52,000 views on Yahoo...beats anything I ever shot. If she ever learns how to edit, we are all in trouble - smile.
    Last edited by worddigger; 01-16-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: spelling

BTW, her camel video has drawn over 52,000 views on Yahoo...beats anything I ever shot.
    Thats going to add fuel to the fire for all those who say those online video sites feed off video dross, and anything which has a ounce of polish get the short shaft.

Its funny, although the Camel footage was from my memory fairly rough shot, and also from memory short and sweet it has worked, maybe I remember it as for me seeing a group of camels along the side of the road is a novelity, where I live all you see along the side of the road are Roos, and thas just before you clean them up with your car.

It also could be the very secret magic of a womans touch with a video camera, I have no way of ever matching that raw power.

Just on this video why not submit some of the raw footage to stock footage sites, there are little grabs in there which people may need, its stuff most people would never has access to shooting. The first thing which came into my mind when watching the video was stock footage, the second was those camels.