Thread: Premier Elements 7 crashes

Default Premier Elements 7 crashes

Upgraded to a new computer and to Prem Elements 7 (from Prem Elements 2) Computer is a Dell desktop running an Intel dual core @ 2.6 Ghtz 3gig RAM 128k graphics card 500gig SATA hard drive. O/S is Vista 32 bit home premium

Have installed Prem Elements 7 no problem, therafter on booting up the programme it crashes wih virtuallly every function I perform - transitions, wave warp, simple timeline changes. This application won't work for more than 5 mins without the error "Adobe is not responding" or the white screen and that irritating Windows revolving circle.

I have tried running it with the internet off, scanner, printer, external hard drive off and as many background programmes off as I can think of - still the same problem.

I have to say that Adobe's own support system is rubbish and at times outright obstructive.

Any ideas - or am I the only one with this problem

Thx R
    Dell Dual Core Pentium 3 GB Ram 500 GB (7200 rpm) SATA Drive 128 MB ATI Radeon Graphics (TV out & DVI) 16x DVD+/-RW Dual layer

Try updating your audio driver for starters, especially if you have RealTek audio.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Default Tah Dah

Well well well - after nearly six months without a video editing system that works, something magical happened last week - I was at the point of switching to Sony Vegas when I had another crack at Premier Elements 7 - I noticed on the Dell update alerts that there was a software update to my ATI radion graphics card (Duly downloaded) . On reboot the desktop was all over the place (big black bar down the left hand side) so I had to resize it to fit and that was achieved by adopting a lower resolution.

Rebooted PE7 and would you believe it . YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESsssssssss it works and almost as well as PE2. Only negatives I have come across so far is the memory limitations - There's no way Windows Vista is ever going to handle big projects in PE7 - Big projects being anything over 30 mins, especially if loading in stills shot on my Canon 10mpxl camera, these had to be resized

Best work around so far has been to break up the project into bite sized lumps, edit then save out in .avi format, bringing all the pieces together to encode and burn- Not perfect but after 6 months shooting and racking up projects its better than the proverbial kipper.

Hope this may help others

RW
    Dell Dual Core Pentium 3 GB Ram 500 GB (7200 rpm) SATA Drive 128 MB ATI Radeon Graphics (TV out & DVI) 16x DVD+/-RW Dual layer