Thread: Filming Videos With Different Backgrounds

Default Filming Videos With Different Backgrounds

Hey, kinda of new here. But I need help with an upcoming project. What we have to do is film a mock news report for class. I want to film my videos in a news room or something but my living room just won't cut it. I want to change the background of the scene while keeping me in it. I know that most Mac's have a program that can do so... but I forget what it's called. Same with VAIO's (I think).

I don't have the time for frame by frame photo shopping and I'm not looking for a program that changes the background after filming. The program I'm looking for changes the background while in the midst of filming (I know it exists). I'm not looking for anything fancy and my budget is on the down low.

Please help, Perry.

Blog Entries

" The program I'm looking for changes the background while in the midst of filming (I know it exists) " - So does the christmas fairey but that isnt what you need, and live screening soloutions are pricey ( 2000 ) and pro.

What you need to do is ' green screen ' . Film your news reader with a green background, ideally special screening fabric but a very strong green should do.

Get yourself a editor - for example 30 to 50 quid for vegas the cheap versions. The chromakey fx will make the green transpartent so that the track below with the ' newsroom' shows through.

Pic below shows a shot showing the screen and them me in a news room done the same way.
    In the news room pic the back ground and the screen are seperate pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-12-2009 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries

delted - was in wrong thread.
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-14-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Default Meh...

Hey, thanks for the idea but that's also not what I'm looking for. I called up my friend who had the program I discussed in my intro. He says it's called "photo booth". It turns a webcam into a digital camera (kinda). When your making your videos or taking your pictures, you can select different effects to distort the picture or video. One of these features allowed the user to make a video, cut out the background and replaced it with a new one right then and there. No complicated soft ware at all. It's supposed to scan the area before the filming process (without you in the scene), then you could change the background to whatever and you can continue filming yourself wherever you wanted. But... he also told me that photo booth is only for the Mac... which sucks. So good idea, but not what i had in mind. Thanks alot though.

Good luck finding that software, let us know when you do.

Blog Entries

No - photo booth wont do it I dont think - it is not a film production tool it is a toy for sad people who want to wear pirate hats on web cam chats.