Thread: Help, new camera, problems with Premiere

Default Help, new camera, problems with Premiere

Hello! I just bought a samsung hmx 20 flash, full hd and i have a few problems.

Im using a Macbook Pro and Adobe premiere pro cs4.

Specs: 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 BG 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, and a 200 GB 7200 rpm disk!

First problem, when i try to edit movie files filmed in full hd, i the playback is choppy! It laggs, and its impossible to edit anything when its like that. My macbook should be powerful enough?

Second problem, i have a option to record 576/50p video. When i show item info for this one in finder it shows.
    Dimentions: 853 x 480
    Codecs: H.264, AAC

I cant find any sequense presets for this option. And when i set it manually, it has to render everythime i drag it into the timeline. Even if there is no effects etc.

In Premiere it shows video info 720 x 576 (1.4587) and 49.95 fps.

Have you rendered the timeline? After rendering the preview should be better.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

i need to post this post to have links in the posts...

Yeah i have, but thats not the biggest problem, its just annoying that i need to render everytime i just drag in a clip. I created a new sequence with the dimentions 853 x 480, and in the main timeline viewer or what its called. The image is to big, i only see like 70% of the image!

Example:

Am i doing something wrong with the sequence settings?
    Example

Here is a screenshot from the movie file

Last edited by Stianu89; 01-11-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Blog Entries

My advice is to exchange tha camera for something that records to tape.
    These comsumer sd card cameras are a piece of crap. The video they produce is VERY compressed and very demanding to edit. Your mac will very likely be too slow.

It is NOT a 'HD' camera - that is a marketing lie. Pixels alone do not make HD - it is much more dependant on low compression, high data rate and good optics.

Exchanging the camera is not an option as i got it on sale! Can you help me to get the sequence settings right, so i atleast can edit it right? I can upload a sample video file if its needed!

Blog Entries

I personally am relcutant to give advice as i dont use FCP or that camera.

I am sure someone will help out soon - sorry if I ruined your day with my camera comments - I am a complete camera shop so my comments should be seen in that light.

No problem, i know its not the best camera, i bought it to document what i am doing at my school, and as a student i don't have alot of money. And it was the best i could get for the price! And it didnt need tapes which is great for me! And i am using premiere cs4, not fcp!