Thread: First vid

Default First vid

Well, as Dave has started off by showing his first ever video, followed by Marc, I thought I may as well follow suit.

This was shot with my XM2 when it was less than a week old, without a tripod, pissing about with the manual settings, filming two Kite boarders who had only just started to learn to Kite board.

Then it was edited all in Pinnacle Edition, the first project I ever did using it.

Surprised you can see anything at all.

Download Here
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

It would please me greatly if you would tell me what music you used.

I thought the music choice was quite good - I take it the fx are out of the box from pinnacle (haven't used it , but I have it - I will have a look)

Thanks for sharing - watching it now, would you edit it tighter or what would you change - as Lucas says movies are never finished they are just abandoned (actually I think he got it from somewhere else)

Thanks for sharing
    The tale of my death has been greatly exagerated

Marc,
    The music is from one of my most favourite bands actually - Linkin Park - and is off their Meteora album and is called Session.

Dave,
    Oh, yes. Everything was straight out the box. This was my first attempt and so I wasn't looking any further than my nose as well as not doing anything too special (although the solarize PiP effect was something I put together - using the 2D editor, colour corrector and a second video layer). All pretty basic stuff.

What would I do different? Lots I would get much more action footage (although on that day it was difficult as they were beginners themselves), yes I would edit much tighter as a couple of the shots could do with trimming. I would still keep the effects fairly minimal as I want people to watch the video and not the effects which should always complement any vid. Also, I would use my bullet cams and tripod.

Btw, anyone here using a Steadicam or Glidecam kind of device? I have been thinking of getting one for ages.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Btw, anyone here using a Steadicam or Glidecam kind of device? I have been thinking of getting one for ages.
    Prohibitively expensive for me at the moment. The cheapo ones are apperntly about as useful as holding a heavy cam at arms length and the decent ones start at over 2k!

You could, orf course, make you rown!

good job, it was hella good for a first timer, although that effect where the screen colors go inverted and theres a bunch of little screens at the bottom, it makes me nautious. (sp?)

but good job
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"