Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Default Help!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am using Sony Vegas pro 8.0

When I am in compositing mode I click on "custom" and then choose "Sony Height Map" to get this affect im a working on.

The issue is that after clicking "SOny Height Map" I do not get the window which allows me to change "amplitude", "smoothenss" or height" etc etc

Is there an issue with the plug-in?

Someone please help end this now 5 hour ordeal...

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Blog Entries

I ahve no idea what sony height map is as a compositing mode - then you mention 'plug in' and the next bit sounds a bit like bump map settings. Is that what you mean ?

Thanks for your reply. I was attempting a Crystal text effect.

The Sony Height map plug-in comes up after I choose "custom" with in the compositing mode.

So I click the compositing mode button on a video track and then click "custom" which prompts me to 3 plug ins. 1 of which is Sony Height map.

The issue is that once i choose Sony Height Map I am supposed to see a new window which allow me to make changes changes...

If you view this tutorial at time 3:06 its easier to see

Blog Entries

I think the guy is an idiot pretending to know what he is doing. He aint no expert. He is just a fiddler.

I suggest rather than copying a fiddler that you learn more by fiddling yourself.

I can get that effect working but i have no idea what it is and I think his ' crystal effect' is pants anyway. Not that that is any help to you - sorry.

Blog Entries

Hpefully on of the forums vegas experts will help out.

Actaully you did help. I am not so concerned about his crystal effect" as I am not having the Height Map window pop up. I just hope my Vegas 8.0 has all the options (plug-ins) its supposed to.

Thanks for your replys.

Blog Entries

I see - let me try and be more helpfull - the first time I tried it wouldnt appear with any options - the second time it did - so dont panic. Hopefully a vegas whizz will help out.

As for video tuts - his was pants as he didnt explain anything - it was all ill informed.

This site is the shizzle for vegas stuff - look there for tuts. VASST - Home

Blog Entries

Just to be sure - have you downloaded the latest 8.0 version (8.0c).
    And are you either DOUBLE clicking Sony Bump Map OR clicking it then clicking ADD the OK?

If so and you're not seeing the Bump Map window - what do you see?
    Tim

Yes I have Version (8.0c). Whether I double click on sony bump map or click "sony bump map" then click add then ok...i get same result...

The setting apprears in my video track as it has been added but i doesnt get the window which allows me to make changes to the settings...i.e Amplitude, height....etc etc...

After you click "sony bumo map" do you get a window which alloows you to make changes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast