Thread: Need format Advice

Default Need format Advice

Okay I have a bout 55 minutes of video that I'd like to put on a DVD. It was shot with a Cannon ZR65 and captured with WinDVD Creator which came with my computer. I believe it captured as Mpeg2 and I captured it in several segments. I used VEGAS 6 to put the clips together then rendered it as a Quicktime file. Apparently this was a mistake as the end file took many hours and ended up being 122 gigs long.

So, when wanting to put the end result to DVD, What is the best format to capture in so I can use programs like Vegas 6, After effects etc? Also what is the best format to render to using Vegas 6? I will be using Adobe Encore to make the actual DVD.

Not sure about V6 but V8 will work with MPEG files and when you are finished render to MPEG as well, use no sound and make the sound an AC3 file.

Yes V6 will accept and render MPG 1 and 2 files. Which one will give the better quality for DVD? For the sound, are you saying render the sound seperatly and then add it into the authoring software? If the answer is yes, how hard is it to sync the sound to the video?

Blog Entries

I think your camera is dv - takes little tapes yea?

I have no idea what win dvd is? Import via f wire as DV using vegas capture is the proper way.

Edit your film.

I then render a DV file and use that in the DVD authouring program. Others may render a DVD compliant mpeg from vegas to import.