Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter in The Park.

Blog Entries

Default Winter in The Park.

No questionable humour. All done in the best possible taste.

The stream is 3 mbit - so according to current dogma that means I can call it HD- lols.

I waited for a winter morning that was grey and cold and still. I started filming when it was just light enough to not need gain. Filmed for three hours and edited from 30 mins shot.

ttp://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/winterinthepark.wmv

Same but without blurry / dark vingetting - i prefer - http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/winterparknof.wmv

edit to add you tube link.

YouTube - Winter in the Park. (HD)
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-11-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Blog Entries

And since it is the fashion with nature films to include a behind the scenes bit about the filming....

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/howfilmpark.wmv - lols.

Blog Entries

You know - I wish I had the motivation to make stuff like this. Lovely shots and a good film. My only critiscism? I think the cuts a little too harsh. And that's it. Fab.

Loved it.

I watched it at some ungodly time this morning and I found it strangly hipnotic (in a good way, not in a creepy evil hipnotic way). Little bit of camera shake at times but thats really a very minor critiscism as I don't think it effects the piece at all. Stars!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

Thanks.

The shake - I think my camera is to oheavy for my tripod. In most of the shakey shots it is my pulse on the zoom rocker, many shots are fully zoomed in too making things worse.

The hard cuts ? I hate to use too many fades. I like the edge the cuts give too, or edginess.

I am going to get rid of the blurr effect aorund the edge - after compression the effect is too strong I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    ...I am going to get rid of the blurr effect aorund the edge - after compression the effect is too strong I think.
    I wouldn't bin it completely - maybe reduce 50%?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    I wouldn't bin it completely - maybe reduce 50%?
    I actually quite like it.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

Same but without the dark ivngnette and blur just uploading - A / B opinion appreciated.
    The vibe I am after is forbodeing / cold / wild. Like the aprk in winter isnt a place for people, even local people. lols.

Summer park film will be the oppostie vibe. my aim was to film me doing each shotwith the small camera and make a funny film showing my controtions - but I only filmed a couple of shots as I got into the filming and forgot.

Blog Entries

Without blurry / dark vingette. http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/winterparknof.wmv

I prefer the version with the 'blurry/dark vignette'. Reminds me of what winter looks like when you're looking through the window. Maybe reduce it slightly if it upsets other people, I dunno, but I much preferred it with the effect on.

Liked it. Really pretty, but a bit disconcerting too, and matched the season well. Was the Top Gear-style 'guy-and-dog-walking behind-the-tree-never-to-return'-shot a little visual metaphor for death? Or am I reading too much into it?

It reminded me a bit of the seaside film from your website actually, albeit with a slightly different tone. You're so making your own version of Koyanasquatsi by stealth aren't you Mark?!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast