Thread: Particle Effects Plug-in

Default Particle Effects Plug-in

This one's for Millsy really.

I know you are looking for some software to do Particle Effects and have been looking at Particle Illusion. Did you know there is a new plug-in from the well-respected plug-in people, Trapcode

Take a look and watch some of the demos. It looks pretty good to me (I like the stick, slide and bouce effect).

The benefit of course here is that you could do all your Particle Effects work from within AE and not have to export to an external program.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Hi,

Well I did have a look at the trapcode one. I haven't tried it yet so might be mistaken but from what I read it does not have the same power as Particle Illusion. I could not see an example that would, for example, generate a fireball type explosion or running water. Particle Illusion has a configurable particle emitter and there are too many libraries to install to name.

I've been looking for a UK supplier of Particle Illusion. I even emailed the author of the s/w himself (another Alan ) who gave me links to four UK companies. None of which have the tool on their web site anywhere that I can find. Looks like I'll have to dothe pay and download option to avoid import duties I guess.

Also, if you read the news items they have then they are working on an After Effect plugin verison of Particle Illusion. that looks like the one to go for from what I've read so far. Due out in the Spring if I remember right.

As and when I find time though, I will check out the trapcode one properly and have a real play with it before I decide.

As I say, I might be proved wrong but from what I've read so far Particle Illusion is the tool I think I'll aim towards and so I will be playing with the trial version if that first.

Thanks for the heads up though.

You can download a trial version of the trapcode one. I watched the video of the guy using it within AE, it seemed quite powerful but not sure if it's as powerful as Particle Illusion or not.

Btw, the link I provided in my first post takes you directly to the Particular plugin (which is the name they have given it).

Good luck with your choice
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid