Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uneven audio L/R

1. Default Uneven audio L/R

Hmmm... I'm pondering my arse off tonight but I'm just too worn out from this project! And here I thought the WEDDING would be the death of me - editing the video has certainly been a chore!

Okay, here goes my latest plea for help:

Now that I have a "finished product" I'm listening and thinking that the Right channel is louder than the left. It becomes more apparent when I feed in outside audio (ie: an mp3)

Tonight I started putting together the menu with DVD Architect Pro 5.0 and looking at the peaks can DEFINITELY see larger peaks on the right channel.

NOW - here's where my foolishness comes back to haunt me: I have a 2.1 surround system on my PC (L/R/Sub) but I rendered AC3 5.1 in Vegas 9.0b. Am I just hearing what a stereo sound card does to pan through surround sound?

You can't even tell I'm new at this, can you?

Suggestions/Comments/Smacksupsidethehead all appreciated.

Craig

What is your question? Neither you nor I have Vegas 9. You will have another SONY product as part of the "Vegas" family. What is it you have?
    Last edited by Grazie; 01-07-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Why have you rendered to surround sound ? Have you mixed a full set of surround channels? I doubt that - just render to stereo.

4. Default

Grazie: Help->About shows my version as 9.0 (Build 92)

Mark: Full set of channels mixed, Front/Centre/Rear/LFE.

Just to cover the base, how can I re-mix back to stereo from this point in the project? I can't bring myself to start over again. Would rendering to Stereo take care of it, or can I change the entire project to stereo?

Thanks,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by linksinachain View Post
    ..I can't bring myself to start over again. Would rendering to Stereo take care of it, or can I change the entire project to stereo?

Thanks,
    Craig
    Craig - Save your project as it is, then change the audio channels back to simple L/R and save again as a new project file. That way you'll have your original to go back to. Changing the channels back to stereo is not a big hassle in any way. Mixing should be simple in stereo....

Blog Entries

linksinachain - I admire your dedication in mixing 5 ( i presume ) channels of sound - getting two right tests me.

7. Default

Andy,

I'm going to give your proposal a try. No sense in wasting any more time with 5.1 if it's not in the cards.

Could you perhaps PM me the dumbed-down version on how to go back to Stereo? I made the settings changes in the Preferences menu, but aside from deleting all but the "Front" audio track (which I do not think will solve my problem) I am not sure how to get my standard L/R audio track back.

Many thanks for the patience,
    Craig

Grazie: Help->About shows my version as 9.0 (Build 92)
    Nope. There isn't a Vegas "9.0". You stated in your first post you had Vegas 9 - there isn't one.

What does it say exactly. There are several members of the "Vegas Family", which one of these do you have? Read http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/compare

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Nope. There isn't a Vegas "9.0". You stated in your first post you had Vegas 9 - there isn't one.

What does it say exactly. There are several members of the "Vegas Family", which one of these do you have? Read http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/compare

Grazie,

I have Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0
    Sony Creative Software - Vegas Movie Studio 9 - Introduction

Didn't know it made a difference what I referred to it as.

Cheers,
    Craig

Didn't know it made a difference what I referred to it as.
    Well yes, yes it does:-

1] This indicates just what features you have and just what remedies anybody assisting would explore.

2] Knowing that you have VMSP9 would tell me you either HAVE the "Mixer" or NOT. There are other features that you may or may not have which would be germane, appropriate or relevant.

3] As others will be reading this tread it may just influence them to include what package they have so we don't explore blind or closed alleys for them too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast