Thread: DVD Ram HELP!

Unhappy DVD Ram HELP!

Hi, everyone! I'm new to the forum and am hoping for some advice about producing DVDs from my camcorder.
    *I have had a Hitachi DZ-MV730E for about 3 years but have never quite got to grips with getting the video onto DVD via my computer. It does not have a cable link to a computer because it records on small DVD-ram discs about 3 inches across. It's quite a clever little device which will do some editing and effects on the camcorder itself - which is fine, but a bit limited. To get the video on to my computer I have to upload it via the DVD drive but then I'm not sure what to do with it.
    *I have once managed to get it into Windows media player and somehow copied it to a DVD RW disc as an mpeg file which played on a friend's DVD player. But I can't remember how to do it and it was quite complicated - whatever I did right was purely by chance!
    * Does anyone know about these camcorders? I need step by step instructions about how to transfer my video, please. On my computer I have the Windows media player, the Sonic AV media thing and Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 My computer is an HP Pavilion zd8000.
    Hope to hear from some techs soon!! Many thanks for reading. Sorry it's long!

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Dude - you have done it really.

Now you know how to get the video onto to your hard drive just bung it into prem and get editing.