Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube Channel

Default Youtube Channel

I have started making some short clips with some friends, edited by me on sony vegas 7 and shot with a Canon GL2 and jvc everio something HDD

[link removed - please read the rules]

Last edited by Marc Peters; 01-05-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries

This is a place for critical assessment of a posted video. Your link to your 'channel' has been deleted; please post one a link to a video you want assessed, or put your link in pimp the link. Thanks.

Blog Entries

If my hair wasnt cropped i would pull it out.

I mean does anyone read the rules for posting here - christ I even made a stupid video to help the jard of understanding - lols.

Mark and Marc, these days people do not read the rules when they have youtube domination in their sights, maybe I will stop sending people here as it seems to usually causes is more bald spots, I do warn people about the gate keepers here, believe me.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    I do warn people about the gate keepers here, believe me.
    We're puppies compared to the rottweiler moderators on many forums. The idea of one video per post was born out of the Video of the Month competition. I'm tempted to introduce a seperate forum purely for posting links to YouTube channels with an automatic 1 month purge.

Blog Entries

A dedicated you tube section for spamming channels - it'll be like flypaper for the rest of the forum.

Default rad

awesome callin in from hawaii

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    A dedicated you tube section for spamming channels - it'll be like flypaper for the rest of the forum.
    Oh boy, I had a good laugh at this, it would be like a mini youtube dross pit within your beautiful froums, and like the Roman days there is always a audience to see a good slaughter.

I have noticed a nasty trend on youtube of late, and this supports Marc's reality of the site, people come in and subscribe to your channel, if you go back to their channel in a weeks time they have unsubscribed, they just went in for a bait sub 4 sub, this sort of activity just shits me.
    And guess what, their videos usually consit of cell phone videos with no editing, or crap ripped from TV, youtube needs huge clean out quickly.

Andy Warhol created the concept of "15 min of fame", which refers to the fleeting condition of fame in the modern world, mainly attributed to mass media and transience in human beings.

Is youtube an amplification of Mr Warhols concept, or a hellish nightmare varient.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    .....Is youtube an amplification of Mr Warhols concept, or a hellish nightmare varient.
    Probably, although some people on youtube seem to get most peoples share of 15minutes. Even when they don't have any perceivable talent.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clay_9 View Post
    Probably, although some people on youtube seem to get most peoples share of 15minutes. Even when they don't have any perceivable talent.
    Clay, this is the enigma of youtube, and there was a Jim Carey film where a character lived in a set piece hidden camera world, where the real world watched him, The Truman show, Directed by Peter Weir, made way back in 1998.

I do clearly remember a interview done with Peter Weir on his prediction of this whole invasion of cameras into society, where essentially your life would be up for show to whoever and whenever, surely youtube and others are fulfilling this idea.

But in the movie the interaction aspect was not there as we see in sites like we know, thats the surprise, so if you have no tallent of craft, 10 people may tell you, but 80 people who also dont have tallent or craft will love you, and in that is essentially youtube explained.

Its like snowball made of crap, and the more it rolls, the more it picks up..

Don't you love it..I know Marc does, I believe this is one of my finest posts..finally youtube explained via a crap snowball effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast