Thread: why is it jerk after encode?

1. Default why is it jerk after encode?

my video jerk a bit after done encoding.

usually it smooth with no small stutter and no small jerk. but now after i encode the video it jerk.

i make the video in video edit magic and the final video is done then i encode to xvid with MediaCoder.... after it done... i notice small jerks.

i have 2 same video... i encode with MediaCoder too but no jerks. but why is this one have jerks?

is it cause while in the progress of encoding i open too many stuff and it interfere and make it have jerks?

- x2 4400+
    - 3gig ram
    - x850xt
    - vista 32bit sp1

Blog Entries

What you do with the pc will not cause jerks - only slow down the job.

Can you post a clip of the prob ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post

sure but kindda lazy... but ill post it later...

anyway whats the difference about two pass and bitrate based? maybe it could be that? maybe i accidently did one with two pass? and another with birated based? any idea?

4. Default

my raw 2 files one have jersk and other dont. but thats before and i think what im about to say is different story.

i upload some video in youtube and is it jus me that 2 seems to have small jerks? or it really does?

to me it seems like the 2 has small jerks and i dont know why or how. plz someone confirm this. if u watch at where the horse run.... or where the girl running running foward at around 8:54... plz compare that scene to each other. cuz to me it seems that 2 has jerks like small tiny pauseness.

also to me it seems like 2 is better picture if you look closely. but... it seems to have stutter.

anyway which is overall better? really need help on this.

1:

2:
    Last edited by anonymous7; 07-04-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Blog Entries

You tube can make smooth motion, pans and scrolling text look jerky - this is annoying but does happen.

Do your rendered files look smooth befor upload to you tube?

If they do it's a you tube thing.

In encoding for YouTube especially when you are using video capture software on games it is very important to understand the exact format that YouTube requires.

If you don't get it right then YouTube will re-encode your already re-encoded footage and there will be a loss in quality and smoothness.

Find out from the YouTube site the required frame rate, file type and bitrate then capture aim for those parameters before you upload.

7. Default

yeah it look smooth before. and im convinced too that its probly youtube that messed it up but it only happend in only one video while the other is ok.... it could be my side... hmmm

or... is it cause of one is 720p and one is 1280x1024? the one that jerk is 1280x1024....

or..... umm i dont know.

anyway this HQ video is perfectly normal without strange jerk and if it jerk it is the jerk from the game and fraps but perfectly normal.

and anyway.... which of those 2 HD vidoe is better? i want to keep the jerky one since it seems to have higher picture quality but the non jerk has lower picture quality.

i have firefox with tab mix plus i pause both video side by side in each tab... and i notice the 1280x1024 video has higher picture quality than the 720p but bearly noticible.

excuse the english....

or........... it could be like lance was saying? youtube seems to encourage 720p..... and thats why the 720p seems normal and while the 1280x1024 have small jerks?

oh wait.... i think it dont look smooth before. wait... i use videoe dit magic to render it in movie then i use mediacoder to encode it to xvid... then it come out and play it have jerk but source file dont have.... and umm wow this is making my head hurt..... cant think straight.... ill jus forget about this trouble. but ummm which HD video should i keep?
    Last edited by anonymous7; 01-12-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lancecarr View Post
    In encoding for YouTube especially when you are using video capture software on games it is very important to understand the exact format that YouTube requires.

If you don't get it right then YouTube will re-encode your already re-encoded footage and there will be a loss in quality and smoothness.

Find out from the YouTube site the required frame rate, file type and bitrate then capture aim for those parameters before you upload.
    I think you are mistaken. I think you tube always reencodes uploads.

Video to YouTube without reencoding

Blog Entries

Over the last year we have had several posters complaining of jerky you tube vids - I honestly wouldnt sweat over it - I would never have noticed it unelss it was pointed out.

10. Default

Over the last year we have had several posters complaining of jerky you tube vids - I honestly wouldnt sweat over it - I would never have noticed it unelss it was pointed out.
    yeah... but.... still have doubts it is my side... but... grrr.... i dont know. but anyway ill forget about this trouble.

anyway i want to decide quickly... jus slice it.... no delay of thinking.... which HD video should I keep?

this

or this

Last edited by anonymous7; 07-04-2009 at 04:13 AM.