Thread: Club night credits.

Blog Entries

Default Club night credits.

Note - at he risk of sounding presumptuous can I ask that this NOT be considored for votm - is a paying job and as such it is shackelled and doesnt really feel like mine, from my soul. Often I cheer and laugh when i edit cos it feels so great - but not with this.

Twas the night befor xmas and one of the maji ( thanks Paul ) gave me this job, even tho I am clearly not the baby Jeesus.

Blame the xmas thing but only about 20 words got exchanged with the manager offering the 250 for a record of the night. Staff / family / friends thing.

He gave me the tune, asked for a DVD that made the night look cool, and I gave him 3 hours filming ( budget 2 ) and 9 hours editing ( target 6 ) and this is the still rough but substantially finished result. It's going to look rough as it was mostly like filming by candlelight in a sauna - much gain / curving needed.

Filming was er challenging - lots of light / no light / flickery bright / disco sweat bath / freezing cold / condensatation - repeat.

One of these every month would almost keep me in coffee and fags - lets hope the man likes it.

This is the 'one befor done' render - a few edges to knock off yet.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/jav...estrender1.wmv 1mbit/sec stream

Final - I hope - tweaked and colourised version - http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/java7843/edit2.wmv
    ( I am going r and b bonkers after listening to that tune for 8 hours )
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-13-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Client happy - money as promised.

DV is far better in low light than HDV, and my camera is often mentioned as sensitive. The rooms were typically similar to my fromt room lit with one shaded 9 w cfl - I suspect many hdv cameras would have struggled more than my sd dv jvc.
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-04-2009 at 02:28 AM.

I thought for the most part it looked fantastic, considering the challenging lighting. There was noticeable grain on the dance floor overhead shots but apart from that a damn good job. I particularly liked the dolly shot along the bottles of booze. I assume this was done handheld. I have the utmost respect for people who can record events on the fly. I recently cocked up my daughter's nativity despite arriving early to scout for the best vantage point. I was so gutted. Anyway, as a client, I would be really pleased with your work.

Blog Entries

Thanks - I ma not that pleased with it, but under the circumstances I aint beating myself up. That dolly was done using a very special piece of equipment - a bar towel.

Dance floor lighting - was much wrose cos that was shot with my pc4, not the big jvc. I was holding the camra above my head. Noramlly I would hold the big cam - but cos of people jostling me I got drop big camera fear.

I have been soooo broke I couldnt afford my ultra cover everything kit insurance this year....

Blog Entries

I love the challenge of a live event. And that looked a bunch more fun than filming *yawn* weddings.

Like how the dance floor shots turned out. Personally I think I would have gone for a bit of a higher pace towards the start, but I guess that's personal taste!

Sorry a little of a later viewer..

I loved the b/w camera flash edit to colour, and I don't mind those speed ramps you use.

Is the ability to ramp time in vegas or a outside application.?

Interesting choice of music you were given to work with, its the sort of place I was never able to gain access to, don't drink or dance.
    And I have never been able to make money doing videos, sure I seem to do weddings and rock shows but as for money, well thats for the pros.

Never been good at marketing, thats my weakest point.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Marc - yea - shooting better than weddings. I still wear my all black shooters uniform, at weddings everyone ignores you, at night clubs all the girls and some of the boys give you come to bed looks - a perk !

Rilling - yes - velocity encalopes are std in vegas.

This is the final version after client er er er er - http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/java7843/edit2.wmv

Is higher b width and has some more colour work and a few small changes.