Thread: adobe audition

Default adobe audition

I just got adobe audition and I cant figure out how to use it I want to record my voice then use it for video later, can someone help me out please.

Default Re: adobe audition

Quote Originally Posted by maileboy
    I just got adobe audition and I cant figure out how to use it I want to record my voice then use it for video later, can someone help me out please.
    Personally, I find the user manual that came with your purchase quite invaluable at times like these

However, the answer is simple. Fire up Audition. Start a new project/recording. Plug in your microphone (you can do this step at any time really) and then hit the little 'record' button in the lower left half of your screen. It's one of the set that looks like buttons on a standard tape recorder. A little round red circle. Recording has started.

Save your recording to WAV or MP3 or whatever and then import that file as an asset into your video editor and add to your timeline.

But if that's all you want to do then Audition is quite the sledgehamer to crack a nut. You can do voice overs from within Premiere (as long as you aren't running a Matrox RTX100 :cry: ) or just to record voice you can even use Windows sound recorder. I'm asumming that, like most people on these forums, you have Premiere if you are using Audition.

But it's a bit of a worry if you can't get past the "open the app and hit the record button" stage.

Default Re: adobe audition

Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    But it's a bit of a worry if you can't get past the "open the app and hit the record button" stage.
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Default Thanks so much...

Yeah, I actually worry myself about this computer stuff, I can get to the open the app thing but when I record it asks me record from the beginning or something I have to get back to you on that one and tell you the exact steps that I want to do but thanks so much for taking your time to help me understand… and the windows sound recorder thing only lasts for a minute I want to record for like three minutes…

One other thing to mention is that Audition requires you to select a track to record your voice on to. If you look at the beginning of each track (where the track number is listed) you'll find a few little buttons across the top. There is a "recording" button which is red and I believe (off the top of my head!) is on the top row, which you need to click on before you hit the big record button which Milsy mentioned.

Hope that helps a bit ... but give me a shout if none of that made any sense!
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz - 2x512MB RAM - 120GB Hard Drive - Plextor PX-712A 12x4x DVDRW - Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate 256MB - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - Adobe Premiere Pro, Encore(v1) and Audition (v1.5)