Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVS Video Editor Trouble/Questions. please help!!

Exclamation AVS Video Editor Trouble/Questions. please help!!

Are any of you familiar with the program? AVS Video Editor, it's similar to Windows Movie Maker, but with a few more options and effects.

I'm trying to make a music video to a certain movie. I've got the movie scene on the timeline, and the sound from said scene turned off. I have the song I'm using for the music video on the sound line of the timelime. When I go to take a part of the scene out off of the timeline, it takes that chunk of the song right under it with it. I need the part of the song, but I have to delete the part of the video. After I've split the video how do I delete the unneeded portion of video without deleting the song?

I need the song there at all times to match it up with parts the video. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated

I haven't used that software so this is just a general comment. It sounds (no pun intended) like it has no way of letting you lock the video or audio tracks separately so you can work on each independently. Exactly the same thing in WMM. You may need to download a slightly more advanced video editor such as Adobe Premiere Elements, whatever their latest version is, and you can use it for 30 days. It will allow you to work on your video and audio tracks separately.

Smile linked video and audio

Depending on how sophisticated a video editing program is, it may or may not let you separate your video and audio tracks in order to work on them independently.

I do not know the program you have, but that is the funtion you need.

In final cut, this is called "linked selection"

A work around may be to import the media as two different clips. Then, add your audio to your video. in a situation like that, the video and audio would not be intrinsically linked and could therefore be edited seperately.

No even WMM lets you do it. If I click a clip on WMM that's on the timeline and split it, it only splits the video, not the audio.

And this AVS4you program is more advanced than WMM and I can't figure out how to do such a simple task on it! :/

Blog Entries

Do ypu have two seperat monitor (one for the source video and one for the timeline). As your video and audio appear to be locked on the timeline, it appears you cannot do what you want (edit) on the timeline. However, you should be able to select the clips you want (pre-edit) in the source monitor, and drop these pieces onto the timeline.

You are right - AVS is poor in that respect - and yes WMM can do it!

Similarly, I can't get AVS to do the following:-

Slow down a single clip without slowing down the whole darn timeline
    Copy a clip
    Cut a clip and paste it elsewhere. I have to drag it all the way along!

Am I doing anything wrong?

Any edit program that will not let you isolate a track to work on it is WORTHLESS.

Not that that comments helps you any.

Can you lock tracks? If so, lock what you want preserved and then work on the other tracks.

I'm not familiar with that application either. Maybe in AVS it's being called Group/Ungroup ??
    Last edited by Flickson; 02-05-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Do you want to retain the original music without any alterations, and add new video, if so de-multiplex the video and edit your video to the length of audio you want to use and then multiplex the new video to the audio, or ignor what audio is being cut out, make the movie then just de-multyplex it and multyplex in a new audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine Grula View Post
    Depending on how sophisticated a video editing program is, it may or may not let you separate your video and audio tracks in order to work on them independently.

I do not know the program you have, but that is the funtion you need.

In final cut, this is called "linked selection"

A work around may be to import the media as two different clips. Then, add your audio to your video. in a situation like that, the video and audio would not be intrinsically linked and could therefore be edited seperately.
    This information is correct:

You cannot edit the video and audio tracks at the same time, they have to be done independently.

For example: Import the video first, do the video editting portion first, then add the audio track.

It will not work any other way. If cutting from video you also cut from audio and visa versa.

I've spent the better part of 18 months testing out video rendering software and oddly enough the least well known video editor is the best on the market for utility and compatibility with various video codec types especially the new age codecs such as x264 which I work heavily on.

AVS video editor is one of the best out there compared to most guru recommended software types which are not user friendly not intuitive nor are they compatible with all the mainstream video codec types.

That being said, I do have a new problem which just surfaced out of the blue: AVS is not playing any media what soever so I cannot fine tune edit video clips. Wondering if anyone has any information regarding this issue? I was thinkin my codecs might be out of date but that's not the issue, tried reinstalling the software with no luck. Kind of difficult to edit a video that doesn't play in the display window for AVS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast