Thread: "motion picture"

Default "motion picture"

Hi, im new to this forum. Thought id share one of my videos. Its just a little experimental video with motion tracking. No narrative or story behind it.

enjoy.

YouTube - Motion Picture HQ High Quality

Blog Entries

Very swish. Took a look at some of your other videos too. Liked the inside out video.

rather fun little movie, i liked it. music went well with the images to me. only thing i notived, when doing the sideways slide past all the pictures. i noticed the loop rather badly. not sure if the edit was maybe a frame or so off making it look seemless or if it was just the camera slowly getting further away, and a jump on the repeat.

looking forward to seeing some more of yours though

Thanks for the comments

Quote Originally Posted by nivoset View Post
    only thing i notived, when doing the sideways slide past all the pictures. i noticed the loop rather badly. not sure if the edit was maybe a frame or so off making it look seemless or if it was just the camera slowly getting further away, and a jump on the repeat.
    yeah i know what you mean, it was because i didnt quite film it right, so when i looped it, it wasnt as good a match as i would have liked.

least you knew it. those shots are very hard to do without lots of work and such. getting the lineup is a pain

Superb. Roughly how many hours whent into that ?

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Superb. Roughly how many hours whent into that ?
    Thanks.

Its hard to say how many hours really, it was on and off for about a month. The filming was all fairly straight forward. Zoom in, Zoom out haha. It was post production that took up most of the time. getting the frame/ colour matches and the motion tracking right. i'd be guessin in total about 15-20 hours? (very rough guess)

Clever, it did remind me of a TVC for polaroid cameras from years ago, and there is another item we no longer see, how things have changed.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Clever, it did remind me of a TVC for polaroid cameras from years ago, and there is another item we no longer see, how things have changed.
    A couple I know are a bit quirky and got all of their mates to take a polaroid of themselves. They then made a montage over the course of the year and put it up on their fridge (and, of course, we all had to write a little something). They then did a similar thing for their wedding. A nice use of a forgotten format.

Very creative.