Thread: Burning to DVD

Default Burning to DVD

Currently I work with Adobe Premier Elements but have always had problems in burning the final product to DVD. As a work around I have used Nero 6 to burn to DVD which has worked well.

I have just upgraded to a new computer and am also upgrading various software applications. I was going to upgrade to the latest Nero but its had such a slagging by users I think i'll swerve it.

Can anyone recommend a stand alone software programme with a similar price point to Nero that will burn CD's DVD's

Thx R
    Dell Dual Core Pentium 3 GB Ram 500 GB (7200 rpm) SATA Drive 128 MB ATI Radeon Graphics (TV out & DVI) 16x DVD+/-RW Dual layer

Quote Originally Posted by rpwall View Post
    Currently I work with Adobe Premier Elements but have always had problems in burning the final product to DVD. As a work around I have used Nero 6 to burn to DVD which has worked well.

I have just upgraded to a new computer and am also upgrading various software applications. I was going to upgrade to the latest Nero but its had such a slagging by users I think i'll swerve it.

Can anyone recommend a stand alone software programme with a similar price point to Nero that will burn CD's DVD's

Thx R
    I've always used Nero and have never had an issue with it. Currently using v9. A bit concerned it;s had a slagging off. Not aware of it. What are people saying is wrong with it?

Take a look at Amazon's website and call up Nero 9 then read the buyer comments - not all bad but enough there to warrant some concern Nero 6 worked fine in Windows XP , I am now using Vista Home and am happy to go with Nero 9 provided it is not full of bugs and errors
    Dell Dual Core Pentium 3 GB Ram 500 GB (7200 rpm) SATA Drive 128 MB ATI Radeon Graphics (TV out & DVI) 16x DVD+/-RW Dual layer

Hi rpwall,
    I have only recently given Nero 9 a pretty thorough work-out and found no particular problem.
    I am aware of the posts you refer to on Amazon but I tend to place not too much importance on them. Nero have probably shifted literally thousands of units of Nero 9 recently and the thing to remember is that the majority have not had a problem.
    Usually when you find that software works as advertised you don't jump on to your nearest forum and report that it worked!
    So, take advantage of the trial and see how it goes on your system.

OK - Good advice - I will opt for a free trial and go live if it works OK

Thx R

Default Pinnacle render problem

I am using pinnacle studio 10 for editing home movie. Recently I have upgraded my CPU and reinstalled the software. Now I am unable to render the edited movie. I am getting message export failure(render error). Can someone help me pls. How to solve my problem fruitfully.

Regards
    Tulsi

Quote Originally Posted by rpwall View Post

Thx R
    I used to use Nero but had too much trouble with audio sync. Try TMPENG DVD Author. It uses the Tsunami encoder which is awesome. It seems to be a flawless app.

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    I am using pinnacle studio 10 for editing home movie. Recently I have upgraded my CPU and reinstalled the software. Now I am unable to render the edited movie. I am getting message export failure(render error). Can someone help me pls. How to solve my problem fruitfully.

Regards
    Tulsi
    Check and make sure you reinstalled all your codecs too.