Thread: Commentaries

Default Commentaries

Yeah, this is probably really easy to do, but what's the best way to make a clear recording of a commentary for my movie, and what's the best way to sync it with the video, and make it an alternate audio track for my DVD?

Blog Entries

what's the best way to make a clear recording of a commentary for my movie
    Plug a mic into the mic connection of your PC and record. If you don't have a decent mic and a noisy PC, record to an external source away from your PC, then transfer.

what's the best way to sync it with the video
    Watch it as you talk Start the recording at timecode xxxx, amd drop in the timeline at xxxx.

and make it an alternate audio track for my DVD
    Make sure your DVD authoring software has the facility for this by reading the manual

Default how do I record commentary to my video

1. Find a quiet area to record (at your desk in quiet room). Close doors, turn off air con, noisy machines, mobile tel etc)

2. Use a pop shield between you and the mic (failing that a piece of lady's tights). This will help reduce sibilence and give better better results.

3. give 4-6 inches of room between your mouth and the mic. You may want to disable the speakers if they are nearby, try using headphones to monitor the sound.

4. Ive actually used itunes (osx) in the past to do this but seeing as you be far more experienced than there is a host of audio recording utilities that can do this.

5. You could record as a .wav and simply import that to you timeline. You may have video software that allows you to record audio straught in.

A few tips to improve voiceover diy's.