Thread: Survey: Plug-ins and Tools

Thumbs up Survey: Plug-ins and Tools

As part of my Master’s study “Marketing and Consumer Behavior” at Wageningen University, I am carrying out a scientific research on the post production software industry and its additional plug-ins and tools.

The main focus is on the usage, acceptance and online buying behavior with respect to those plug-ins and tools. Therefore I am conducting an online survey among film and video (post) production companies worldwide: companies and editors who are working with editing software systems.

Purpose of the survey:
    The purpose of this research is to survey the perception, acceptance and online buying behavior of editing software users worldwide with respect to additional plug-ins and tools. I try to gain deeper understanding of the need for plug-ins / tools, how and where people search, which factors influence their buying decisions and the price perception towards this additional software.

About this survey:
    • The survey will take approximately 6 to 10 minutes to complete.
    • The survey is meant for both users and non-users of editing plug-ins/tools.
    • Your responses are anonymous and strictly confidential and will be used for research purposes only.
    • You will not be asked for any personal identifiable information
    • The survey will be available from December 22, 2008 to January 22, 2009.

Please select the survey link below if you would like to participate in the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=1uFX...QinmOQvWQ_3d_3d

Please feel free to contact me about anything you don't understand in the survey or about any other questions you may have.

Thanks a lot for helping me!

Ewout de Wit

ewout.dewit@wur.nl
    Wageningen University
    the Netherlands

Started out ok. nice and generic and then ended up only being only actually interested in stuff I've never actually heard of. I left those questions blank.

Thanks for the comment and your participation. The last part of the survey was focused at several websites of third-party sofware developers. Try to find out how "consumers" evaluate a site when they entered. Therefore I had chosen websites that all offer workflow enhancing tools (functionality).

Quote Originally Posted by ewoutww View Post
    Thanks for the comment and your participation. The last part of the survey was focused at several websites of third-party sofware developers. Try to find out how "consumers" evaluate a site when they entered. Therefore I had chosen websites that all offer workflow enhancing tools (functionality).

OK. I can accept that. For myself I couldn't personally give a damn about teir web site if the piug in is what I want. Plugins and tools I have are not because I stumbled across a web sote and was bowled over. They were recommendations by word of mouth and so I went along to buy after that. Decision was already made before I hit the web site.

Does that help?

Great, it surely helps!