Thread: Football highlight tape

Default Football highlight tape

Hello forum,

I am trying to make a highlight tape but since the clips are from far away, I need to highlight myself on the tape. Does anyone know how they do this on like ESPN. My question is what would be the easiest way to highlight something on these clips. Right now they are just mpeg formats. Thanks for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by whouwith View Post
    Hello forum,

I am trying to make a highlight tape but since the clips are from far away, I need to highlight myself on the tape. Does anyone know how they do this on like ESPN. My question is what would be the easiest way to highlight something on these clips. Right now they are just mpeg formats. Thanks for the time.
    I see them higjlight players on UK TV by placing a circle around them as though it is painted on the ground. The circle may even be an animation but that won;t chneg how you can go about reproducing the effect.

in your video editor create a layer which is your drawnh ring or ring animation that loops foprever -ish.
    Place your footage on a different layer. Keyfranme the position of the 'highlight' layer to your player on screen.

If you were to use somethign like Adobe After Effects (quoted because I know it and not because it's necessarily the best) then you shoul dbe able to make your job easier by tracking the player and applying that track data to the highlight layer.

Default Getting sound on Sonny Vegas

I am doing fairly well with this highlight tape but I have been using 2 video programs MGI video wave and Sonny Vegas 8.0. I was editing the videos in video wave and creating the highlight tape in SV8. However, when I am adding sound to the production it plays on clips that have not been edited but does not play on the clips in which I have edited. Anyone have a solution to this? Thanks and thanks for the previous reply Alan.

Thumbs up it's pretty cheap to get it done

check out the guys at ( unhelpfull commercial spam link removed - mw)
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-11-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Hi, I'm new to video editing and am also editing a football game. I wish to add a timer to the top left corner for each half of the game. Can anyone give me advice how to do this? I'm using Power Director 7.

( see sep thread for this question to avoid confusion - http://www.videoforums.co.uk/general...mer-video.html - mw )
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-11-2009 at 04:45 AM.