Thread: premiere pro: no audio in time line - conforming issues - unspecified error occurred

Default premiere pro: no audio in time line - conforming issues - unspecified error occurred

these are all the same issue and i have the solution for it.

Adobe has once again let down the non professional user buy ignoring this bug. They have also deleted alot of my other posts on the adobe forums.. perhaps so you cannot receive help from me?? who freakin knows..

Problem:
    you import your footage and there is no audio in the time line. you see the audio clip there but no information in it. some people say its because of MPEG format but MPEG files works fine in Windows Movie Maker, Ulead, Pinnacle, Sony Vegas.. etc...

let it be known that its an Adobe Premiere issue.

Solution:

step 1:
    close adobe premiere

step 2:
    open My Computer and go to tools at the top. From the drop down menu go to folder options. In folder options click the view tab. In the advanced settings section where it says 'Hidden files and folders' make sure 'show hidden files and folders' is selected.

step 3:
    open My computer and go to c:\ drive > Documents and settings. Now click into your user name (NOT 'All users') in my case its 'proGamer'. Now click into 'Application Data' > 'Adobe' > 'common' > 'Media Cache Files'.

step 4:
    in this folder find the files you were just trying to import by searching the name. in my case its file: 20081217030338. you will now see 3 different file types with the same file name you were importing: CFA, PEK, MPGINDEX. delete them all!

step 5:
    go back and open adobe premiere, open up your project again and it will automatically recreate those files you just deleted. hopefully correctly.

NOTE:
    If this hasn't worked then open your adobe premiere project, clear all trace of the files with no audio and start again from step 1. then after step 5 just import the files back into your project.

This has proved to work with every file i've imported that had the audio not conformed.

your second option:
    simply play your clip in WMV or VLC or what ever player you use and record the audio in real time in stereo by using some music editing like cubase or logic audio. you can also use something more friendly like 'recordpad' found here: RecordPad Professional Sound Recording Software - Screenshots now you can buy it from these guys or get it how ever else you like

If you like you can visit my youtube page with any other questions about this issue or other things i may be able to assist with. melbourneJester is the username. only 5 simple clips up there at the moment as its a new account i'm still editing so many comedy scetches so i can post up there so please be patient and subscribe to be alerted of the vids when they're posted.

good luck guys and create some good shit =)

Default Lost my project

I did what you recommended---deleted the files and now my project won't open.

My issue was that there was audio on the original clip, but when I imported it and cropped it to a smaller bit, it dropped the audio about halfway through the remaining clip. This hasn't happened to me before in the countless hours I have spent using this program.

My original video file was VID00058.MP4 so I found and deleted VID00058.cfa and VID00058.pek. But here's what's different: the MPGINDEX was rendered so it did not have the same name as my original video file. I could not find it, so I was unable to delete.

Now my project will not open. I have tried double clicking on the file, right clicking and choosing Open with Premiere Elements 8 and opening Premiere Elements 8 and opening a recent project and selecting it. No dice.

Anyway, maybe I did something wrong but this ended up making me lose access to my project.

Default Found my project

Okay, I restarted my computer, double clicked on my project and it opened and the audio worked.

Thanks for the solution dmb!

PS. I am leaving my previous post about losing my project up in case it happens to someone else. All it took was a restart to fix it. And it doesn't seem to matter that I was unable to delete the MPGINDEX file, at least at this point.

Default Another solution

To anyone that comes across this thread as I did searching for a solution to this issue this is what worked for me - ffdshow.

I am using a particular codec that sort of works in premiere but that I found was giving the constant audio conform problem. After installing ffdshow it went away.

I installed version ffdshow_rev3631_20101115_clsid_x64.exe as this is a win7 64 bit version.

Basically ffdshow decodes your video files within Premiere. It handles the more esoteric formats that people like me have to use and also 'pro-sumer' formats like the various flavours of MPEG4 and the compressed audio formats etc.

Try it, you can always uninstall it if it doesn't work for you.

Drew

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drew42 View Post
    To anyone that comes across this thread as I did searching for a solution to this issue this is what worked for me - ffdshow.

I am using a particular codec that sort of works in premiere but that I found was giving the constant audio conform problem. After installing ffdshow it went away.

I installed version ffdshow_rev3631_20101115_clsid_x64.exe as this is a win7 64 bit version.

Basically ffdshow decodes your video files within Premiere. It handles the more esoteric formats that people like me have to use and also 'pro-sumer' formats like the various flavours of MPEG4 and the compressed audio formats etc.

Drew
    This is what worked for me. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by drew42 View Post

Drew
    How did this work? I just open Premiere again and it should be fine? Then it doesn't work for me... there is still no audio track.