Thread: HDV Capture Device not recognized in Vegas Pro 8

Default HDV Capture Device not recognized in Vegas Pro 8

Hi, I have SONY HDR-HC7 Cam and I can capture DV videos in Sony Vegas Pro 8 without any problems. When I try to capture HDV , then Vegas HDV Capture dialog does not find the device i.e my cam. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2. Do I need any additional driver or anything else. I'm new in HDV so sorry for my ignorance !

Blog Entries

This wont help - but i had the same thing happen with v 7 and a canon xl h1 a while back - never sussed it out. I am sure it is a simple matter but i cant help furhter as i only use sd.

Hopefully someone else will chip in.

There is a special HDV capture option in Vegas which is separate from the normal DV, have you seen that,?

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    There is a special HDV capture option in Vegas which is separate from the normal DV, have you seen that,?
    Yes I used this special HDV capture option in Vegas, but it does not recognize my cam as device at all.

I have read on forums others are heaving the same problem with this camera not being recognised, not just on Sony

Blog Entries

Just a thought.... on some of my Sony cameras there is an option in the menu's to select output method from firewire between HDV and DV. Set the camera to 'Play', go to the 'Edit/Play' menu, look for VCR HDV/DV and set according to taste. There is an 'Auto' setting but I always select the mode I require. Remember to power off the camera, unplug the firewire, power up again while setting, power off, reconnect and start up again.

Worth a look?

Just a thought.... on some of my Sony cameras there is an option in the menu's to select output method from firewire between HDV and DV. Set the camera to 'Play', go to the 'Edit/Play' menu, look for VCR HDV/DV and set according to taste. There is an 'Auto' setting but I always select the mode I require. Remember to power off the camera, unplug the firewire, power up again while setting, power off, reconnect and start up again.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try !
    Regards

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    ...Remember to power off the camera, unplug the firewire, power up again while setting, power off, reconnect and start up again...
    I've just re-read this and realise how daft it sounds. Basically the message is that a)don't plug / unplug firewire with the camera on, and b) according to the manual you have to unplug when changing the setting anyway.

There, that's cleared that up.