Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ooh, hello.

Default Ooh, hello.

Well, isn't this place lovely?

Mikefishcake told me that this is a good place to get some decent constructive critisism on my videos, and so here I am. I've only been making videos seriously for just over a year, so please don't be too harsh. At the same time, I want to improve, so if you have any suggestions, go right ahead. Well here goes:

Myself and a friend have made a series of short comedy videos, there's going to be four in the series eventually, but we've only filmed the first three so far.

Part 1 - 12MB
    Part 2 - 8.5MB
    Part 3 - 15MB

They're all in DivX format. You need to Right click, "save as...". If you left click you get my 403 forbidden page.

Cheers.

Blog Entries

I downloaded the first two parts and sat down in eager anticipation. Unfortunately the sound quality was just too poor for me, and the brutal truth is that I switched off after a few minutes in frustration.

I'll take a look at the compression you used and get back to you...

Blog Entries

Ouch, there's some screwy things going on here:

Video: for some reason this appears to be 29.97 fps - I take it you were using a pal camcorder, so this should bet set to 25fps. You could probably also crank up the bitrate a bit especially if you...

...encode your audio. At the moment its PCM, so no real compression but what you have done is set it to mono and giving it a really low frequency. Hence all the crackling going on. I'd suggest using mp3.

Blog Entries

Whilst I'm in the mood for an artificially high post count: do you still have the orginal file in an uncompressed state andI assume you used Vdub to encode?

Yeah, I'm using a PAL camera, how would one go about changing the frame rate then?

Edit to add: Yes, I still have the uncompressed file and yes I used Vdub

Blog Entries

In virtualDub this is Video > Frame Rate. However, the default is no change and you would have had to enter a value here to change it.

edit: unless you used one of the divx profiles, in which case its marked 'video frame rate' in the second screen of the profile wizard.

But then the audio becomes out of sync, does it not?

Blog Entries

The source will be 25fps if from a PAL camcorder, so you're not actually changing anything.

OK, well, I'll give it a go and get back to you!

Right, I changed the frame rate to 25 and lo and behold, the audio went out of sync. However, I did compress the sound using MP3 and that seems to have made quite a difference, I'll let you know when they're uploaded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast