Thread: Creating Custom FX Plugin/Preset

Default Creating Custom FX Plugin/Preset

Alright, so I'm wanting to know if there's any possible way to save a video effect that you've made from combining multiple different effects as an FX Plugin? Like lets say I placed Black/White, Light Rays, and Add Noise all onto one video. Would there be any way to save the configurations and to make it an effect of it's own? So I could then just go down to the Video FX section and drag it to my video to give it that same effect? I can only figure out how to save multiple effects as a Plug-in Chain, but I want to make it all one effect, so when I drag it to my video I can just key frame the whole thing at once rather than having to key frame each and every effect seperately like I have to with the Plug-in Chain.

I'm also hoping to use a method similar to this in order to save a Title Animation Bar I made that I want to go overtop of certain video's as if it were a Media Generator of sorts. It's a JPG that has two transitions and has audio effects to go along with it. So I'm hoping I can just drag it to a video instead of having to copy and paste each and every little part of it. I know it can be done in bigger programs such as Final Cut Pro because I've seen several TV shows who create similar Title Animation Bars and I really doubt they go through the trouble of dragging each and every different part of the Animation Bar to their project each time they need to use it. Right now when I need to use it I just open up a seperate Vegas project that has the animation inside of it, I then just go to select all, then copy, and paste the files over onto my other Vegas project, but I'm getting really tired of having to do that each time.

If there's no possible way to make an Animation Bar a preset that's accessible in a section of Vegas, is there anyway I can save it as a Flash video, so I can just open the video in Vegas, drag it onto another video and then be able to use it just fine? The only problem I can think of with rendering it as an FLV is that it may render the video with a typical black background rather than just rendering the animation by itself with no background.

Any help would be great, thanks. Hopefully I'm making some sense in what I'm asking for.

1 - For Repeating FXs use Plugin Manager, it will allow you to drag and drop your already saved FXs onto your events

2 - For Repeat Sections use the "Nested" Veg option.