Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free video production tips

Talking Free video production tips

Hi.

I have a website with hundreds of free articles and video tutorials on the subject of video production.

It's Video Production Tips

I've been in the Tv and video biz for about 30 years. Now I have this blog and it is free for all!

Go check it out and drop me an email about what subjects you would like for me to cover.

Blog Entries

Are these freely avaible video production tips, video tips that a free, or tips of creating free videos?

Blog Entries

I watched the three min video on file formats.

May be usefull to the complete novice but I am not sure that I would dexcribe .mov in quite such glowing terms - is cited as the highest res and best - clearly all that depends on how you encode. Must be a mac user

Also I would have mentioned camera codecs and delivery codecs and how they differ and why.

But I have been at this game for six years so perhpas I am not the target market.

Talking Hi Mark and Marc

Hi fellas.

Thanks for your reply.

Everything about my site, video production tips, is free. There is no expensive course buried at the bottom somewhere. All the advice is free. Now, whether someone makes a completely free video is up to them, but all my advice is free. I have tried to make it good, practical and detailed, not just a load of crap sales copy meant to tease people until they sign up for my zillion dollar course. There are some affiliate links scattered here and there but I myself never charge for anything.

I AM a Mac user and yes I AM fond of QT. did I not say QT produced huge file sizes? You bring up a good point though. If you have been doing video for 6 years, you are not my target market. I am mostly talking to pure beginners. Which may or may not be a mistake. I don't really know but it seemed the best place to start. I have been doing video for 30 years but honestly, I do not feel comfortable trying to lecture someone with only 20 years experience that I somehow know more than them.

Of course a lot of my experience was pre-digital, which means in today's internet video world it's pretty durn meaningless. Does anyone care that I interviewed Gary Hart on 3/4 inch video tape before he fell off the Monkey Business? Hell, do any of you even understand that joke?

I aim my writings at people who know NOTHING. So many people want to jump on the internet video bandwagon and they do not know a file format from a hole-in-the-wall. I see lots of people trying to teach video, calling themselves video "experts" and most of them do not know SQUAT! Plus, they are charging a dang fortune for what they do know. That drives me nuts. So I am trying to give people real information they can actually learn from.

Blog Entries

Hi Lorraine,

Please forgive us if we seem initially unduly cynical. So often (OK, nearly always) someone's first post here offers the world for free but is then linking to the sorts of sites you cite (groan) in your final paragraph.

We're more than happy for you to "pimp your link" here, but we'd be even happier if you pop over to the User Videos threads and criticise one or two films
    Tim

Wink

Hey Tim.

I understand cynicism my dear. no apology necessary. Geez, I am about as cynical as they come! The world sucks and then you die.

Video production tips is entirely free and I hope, always will be. I am putting together a new site called video marketing express and that is where I will charge. I will be selling pre-edited marketing videos for people who do not want to learn video production from scratch. Honestly, I get SO DANG MAD at some of the internet marketing "gurus" who try to teach video production. They don't even have any experience, they charge out the whazoo and they tell people it is easy.

First, a "guru" is someone who smoked dope with the Beatles and they don't qualify!

Second, video production is NOT necessarily easy. When people are told that and then run into trouble, they will probably blame themselves for being stupid when really, they have been lied to by marketers!

Anyway...I am new to this forum and I will certainly try to contribute INFORMATION and not just BS self-serving crapola! I will definitely go critique some of the videos like you suggested. That'd be fun. Maybe someone can go look at my comedy videos. Just for fun. Fonda Lots-a-titty, an alien newscaster making fun of us earthlings and our dopey politics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine Grula View Post
    ...First, a "guru" is someone who smoked dope with the Beatles and they don't qualify!...
    We have our very own Guru who outqualifies us all in many ways....and he probably did smoke dope with the Beatles...

Blog Entries

And I bet he inhaled - lots....

Cool! When do I get to meet this guy?!

I am sure we could sit for hours, talking video.

And inhaling.

Blog Entries

I cannot alas claim to have smoked with the Beatles but can honestly recall having toked a joint in a party which Mick Jagger held in his Cheyenne Walk pad in the late seventies.

However, since I was there as a friend-of-a-friend and the only thing he said to me was "scuse mate" in passing, I can't claim to have had a transendential relationship with him.

I do know a bit about film and video tho'.

Welcome Lorraine, as Tim pointed out we have had more than our fair share of people who, with the first post, have offered the world and, when examined, have only been spamming their (often tacky) websites. So please don't take it personally, we're unfriendly to everyone here...
    (That didn't come out right!)

Anyway, it's nice that you're looking after the newbies and you can come over and inhale anytime!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast