Thread: Looking for some stock footage.

Default Looking for some stock footage.

I'm looking for some very specific stock footage, such as a view of the clouds. I intend, using greenscreen, to create a scene of flying up through the air. I'm struggling to find any stock footage that can be used to create this effect - and I don't know of any other ways to do it, other than use pre-existing footage, with software such as After Effects and Premiere.

If no such footage exists, I'd really appreciate suggestions as to how to get the effect I desire.

Blog Entries

Sky isnt a rare commodity, and clouds are common.

Shoot your own backgrounds and you can get just what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Sky isnt a rare commodity, and clouds are common.

Shoot your own backgrounds and you can get just what you want.
    That's not a bad idea. I could generate my own background, and make some clouds myself - that way, the 'flyer' could be both in front of and behind the clouds.

Would particle simulation be able to pull this off? I have a feel it would, I'll have to experiment.

Blog Entries

I am no cgi expert - I was suggesting you just film some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I am no cgi expert - I was suggesting you just film some.
    Yeah, trouble with that, is locally, I lack anywhere where this could be down. I need to be quite high up in the sky to get the kind of footage I require - kind of like looking straight out of a aero plane window. Just a blue sky, with the camera panning through the clouds.

Hey Unconscious,

I would recommend that you check out PixelFlow VideoExchange. The link below will take you directly to our clouds collection:

https://web01.pixelflow.com/pixelflo...eywords=clouds

PixelFlow allows artists to set their own royalties on content so we have terrific prices. All download media is generated from HD source footage so you can get just what you need in the appropriate format for your project.

If you are looking for something custom, you can also visit our community section and post your request there:

https://web01.pixelflow.com/pixelflo...nityPortlet.do

Feel free to message me directly for more information.

Patrick

Andrew Kramer has a DVD of clouds:

VideoCopilot.net Video Tutorials & Post Production

I didn't wanted to start a new thread so thats why i'm posting here.....
    As i'm going to the States for a trip in a few weeks, i'm going to create a movie about my visit there....therefore i'm looking for some specific footage of in-flight planes. I've found some interesting footage frome the movie 'United 93' of planes taking of, but I'm specificaly looking for footage of a british airways plane in flight.......

The kind of footage where the plane is flying bye.......

Does anyone have any idea where I could find this stuff, or if there would be a movie that has footage from a BA airplane?

Many thanks,

Freek

Quote Originally Posted by Freek View Post
    I didn't wanted to start a new thread so thats why i'm posting here.....
    As i'm going to the States for a trip in a few weeks, i'm going to create a movie about my visit there....therefore i'm looking for some specific footage of in-flight planes. I've found some interesting footage frome the movie 'United 93' of planes taking of, but I'm specificaly looking for footage of a british airways plane in flight.......

The kind of footage where the plane is flying bye.......

Does anyone have any idea where I could find this stuff, or if there would be a movie that has footage from a BA airplane?

Many thanks,

Freek
    Answering a question in my own thread! Oh my.

Try searching throughout Plane Spotter websites. There's bound to be some footage you need there.

So i think the best way is fly cam. My friend has RC heli and RC aircraft and flyCAM II.
    Dj_Deep