Thread: Spec and PC/Mac

1. Default Spec and PC/Mac

i mainly use my laptop

HP dv2535ea
    1.66ghz processor
    2gb memory
    140gb HDD

and use Coral video studio pro x2
    i save all work to my external harddrive so my laptop keeps running smooth.

I also want to find out peoples thoughts on PC and Mac video editing programmes and what they find work etc

cheers

2. Default

ohh goodness... Here we go again!

BTW, Im running a core 2 duo macbook with final cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by casper69 View Post
    ..I also want to find out peoples thoughts on PC and Mac video editing programmes and what they find work...
    There's been lots of threads like this. Do a forum search and you'll find out easily. Basically, Mac fans are Mac fans. PC fans are PC fans. There's no real right or wrong. Use whatever floats your boat and works for you. It's a totally pointless exercise - it's like curry. Some people like Korma, some people like Madras. You'll never know for yourself unless you try them both.

If you insist on being bored to the bone by this tiresome and utterly pointless debate see HERE
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 01-22-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Tiresome, uttlerly pointless but somtimes fun -

a pc is a mac is a pc - it's only the marketing people and salespeople that dont get it. The advertising can drive some people to either tribal extreme.

5. Cool

So true. Although Im working on a macbook right now, I used Vegas in the past and it is a perfectly capable editing software (windows only). The main reason I chose mac is for the opportunity to try a new os. Is it a nice OS? Yes (but xp and vista are also nice. I wouldn't say that one is better because its like comparing apples to oranges- No pun intended). Am I going to burn all of my PC's and spend thousands of dollars buying mac equivalents? No.

Just remember the age old rule: Try before you Buy! (even if it means trying a friends- when, like wiht a "dell", there is no other place to try them)

PC=Mac. Yes they are different, but its like when you go to Starbucks and someone wants a frapachino while the other wants a mocha. Is the frapachino better then the mocha because it costs more? That, my friend, is up to the drinker!