Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We proudly present..."Cloverfag"

Whifffproductions Guest

Default jhk fmf m mmn

cgfhbghjhnb bgjgbhbvcgnvcghmmfvt

my dumb friends and I made this when we were young and had ill-developed senses of humor. Sorry about that, ladies and gentlemen. I finally remembered the password to this account so I could delete this. Bye!
    Last edited by Whifffproductions; 01-02-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Looks to me like some people messing around with a camera.

No technical or editing knowledge, let alone a decent script.

Something to be proud of! I think not....

Blog Entries

I presume this is a spof on a film called cloverfield - not seen so my comments may not be in context.

I liked -

I dont know if the chaotic camera work was deliberate but it sort of worked for me - had a fly on the wall vibe.
    The energy.

I didnt like -

Too long - too much apparently aimless repetiton in some scenes.

A gay plague?? Killing the 'fags'???
    Is it irony or satire ?? Jokes about members of a group who are the ongoing victims of hate crime and prejudice in many parts of the world is a hard one to pull off. Many comedy people get away with some very crass humour but only becuase they have an existing presence and identity - we know what to expect and are unlikely to not get the satire - if you are not maybe you need to be more careful.

Not sure how to take this - is it an ironic comment mocking some peoples backward attitudes or is it an excuse for a load of hicksville red neck homo haters to disguise prejudice as pranks??

I suspect the former cos the latter would just be daft.

Whatever the fact that I am not sure means that there maybe are not enough pointers taking us through the gag.

Now tell me you are all cute gay boys and I got you all wrong.
    Last edited by Mark W; 12-13-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Read a review of the film. Now I see the chaotic camera is a spoof on the film.

Whifffproductions Guest

Once again, I have come back to change my message, as I was apparently a total dick when I was in high school. Sorry about that everyone
    Last edited by Whifffproductions; 01-02-2014 at 06:29 PM.

No problem, Maybe your right, I just don't get this concept!

Cheers.

Whifffproductions Guest

frhsrthsrghbrtshryjyuk
    Last edited by Whifffproductions; 01-02-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Loils - I only answered cos i tht they were all gay.

I quote

" I wrote this to get a point across. that point was that homosexuality is morally questionable, and seems to be spreading rapidly throughout society "

So you are homophobic rednecks then? Dam, one was cute too.

Unlucky for you I am as indecisive as a the wind wqhen it comes to sex - I have had lovers who are men and women all my life and I find your quote above personally quite offensive.

Only a prejusdiced person could think that what someone choses to do in bed for fun with a pal could be ' morally qustionable.'

We dont have a mission statement or equal ops statement - but if we did I am dam sure you would have crossed the line.

( you still like this site know you know how moraaly questionable I am?? )

Edit.

Just to be entirely clear. We live in complicated times. I have no wish to supress any views however unpleasent - the commnents above were from me personally - but I did feel it wise to add an advisory.

Given the inclusive nature of the forum it will be cool if anyone wants to discuss this further.
    Last edited by Mark W; 12-14-2008 at 10:07 PM.

9. Default

The video is simply juvenile.

I suspect that it is a pro-gay film, an attempt to ridicule homophobia but I'm not sure. Like all spoofs it's difficult to decide what's intended and what simply doesn't work.

Blog Entries

Err.. Am I the only one to get it?

It is a gay video. So what? It ridicules homphobia sure but also takes the micky out of some gay stereotypes.

However, Since it has been made by gays it's a bit of a problem for me in the same way I have difficulties with black people telling racist jokes. Is it okay to take the mickey out of a minority if you are a member of that minority? Dunno.

However, the bottom line is that it is not well made. The acting is poor and the jokes weak. Technically the sound is sometimes barely understandable and the camerawork sloppy (even if it is supposed to be "cloverfield" shakey, it doesn't excuse the lack of skill). Making camerawork deliberately bad still demands a certain ability and, I'm afraid, your cameramn just didn't have it.

So, as "Gay entertainment" it still needs to have a certain level of competance which, I'm sorry, this didn't quite attain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast