Thread: Masking.

Default Masking.

Hi ive been searching through looking for some help with masking in vegas 7......i cant seem to find exactly what im after, but if someone could point me to a previous thread id be very thankful.

Im sure its very simple but bare with me.

Ive been having a play with the masking after reading one of andys threads about it and i can cut out a piece ( say a square or a circle) on the the top track and make it appear on the track below, but i want to do the opposite....cut out a square on the top track and make the second track appear in in the square....(so instead of keeping just the little cut out area on the first track i want to to keep the rest of the image and make the small area transparent.

also if i manage to make a hole in the top track then id like to try and make the whole second track to appear in it rather just a little part....

thanks!

Blog Entries

If I read your post correctly, I believe all you need to do when you've 'cut' out your shape is to select Negative or Positive in the properties box to the left. This will either leave your selection in place or leave the rest depending on what you select.

EDIT - As for the second part of your question, now you're getting into 'Track Motion'. Using this tool you can reduce (or enlarge) your track and move it around in space. Check the help file or feel free to ask further.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 12-12-2008 at 08:21 AM.

thanks for your help. it was really basic but i just couldnt do it for some reason until your thread . i kind of know how to do the track motion stuff, so ill play around with it for a few days first before i come back begging for answers

Lac