Thread: Adobe Premier DVD Buring

Default Adobe Premier DVD Buring

During the recording progress, the transcoding goes OK, then the assembling gets to half way on the progress bar and then it goes to the Burning bar. With the Burning progress bar just under half way completed I get the following error message.

"Recording Error" Could not complete the last command because Data exceeded mulitplexable bit rate (DVDErr, -20404) PGC Info: name+Movie 1, ref + Apgc,time=986.039.

The length of the video clip was only arounf sixteen minutes so I cannot see what the problem was. The settings I had set to were

Quality 5.00
    Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Interlaced
    Field Order Low
    Bitrate Encoding CBR
    Bitrate Mbps 9.0000
    M Frames 3
    N Frames 12
    Pre-set Pal DV High Quality &mb CBR 1 Pass
    Bitrate was not maximized

I would very much appreciate any help, Do you think re-installing Premier would cure the problem?

Now math is my achillles heal, always has been, always will be but by my reckoning a constant bit rate of 9Mbs for 16 mins would result in a file size of around 8.64GB. As a single layer DVD can only hold around half that capacity that would explain the error message.

However, someone will likely come along and correct my maths and make me look the muppet I am

However, if by some bizarre twist of fate I am correct in my assumption then my suggestion is to encode using multi-pass VBR and have the software estimate the best average (if Premiere supports that - I don't know).
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Alas, your maths is correct but it's not so straighforward. If you use a bit rate calculator, you'll see that the this particular bitrate will use about 25% of a single layer disc.

I think the problem is that your bitrate is exceeding the permitted maximum of the DVD standard. I suggest you limit the video bitrate to 8000kbps.

I thought the max DVD bit rate was 9.6Mbs?

Now. where was I? Oh, yes. If I have one apple and add another apple....
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

I'm certainly no expert but that includes audio as well as video. I believe the original specs were for uncompressed audio which would leave 8MB/s for the video. A lot of DVD authoring apps will complain if the video bitrate is too high to avoid compatibility problems.

Or something

Yup, I agree that must also support the audio encoding (5.1 AC3 anyone?). So, and this might be of help to Charles too, when in Premiere you specify the bit rate for CBR encoding, does this only specify it for the video and not the audio.

Oh, and can you explain a bit more the bit rate calculator comment? I am trying to get my head round how to work out how much space it should consume.

Too bloody confusing this MPEG2 encoding lark.
    Lloyd

Default Video Editing Erroe

Many Thanks Gentlemen, the suggestion to reduce from 9,000 to 8,000 worked.

Many Thanks

Marc is the dood!
    Lloyd